ALDS Game 3: Keeping hope alive

SteveA

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I'm not giving up on DL Hall as a starter yet, but at least the bullpen is an option for him.

We are going to need one very good high leverage arm next year with no Bautista. He is one of the biggest reasons that we even got to where we were.

8 minutes ago, Dunk35 said:

No one in our lineup poses any sort of threat except Gunnar if the pitcher is RH. And Texas knows solo homers wont beat them so they dgaf. 

Meh you can win games without tons of homers.  They have been good but also lucky.  Almost every ball they hit has found a hole.  Adley has just been awful and so has Mullins.  Kjerstad also…. Oh, that’s right.  He hasn’t played yet. 

4 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Can Wells make it through a season though? Don't get me wrong, I really like him but I don't know what would make next year any different from this year. He's not exactly a young player. He's aged 29. I think it's safe to say that he is what he is at this point.

I would like to see us get another bat on the market (either trade or FA) that is in addition to adding Holliday. I don't know if it is safe to bet on O'Hearn replicating this again. He's never been this before.

Even what O'Hearn was, he was only an 800 OPS first baseman who we had to platoon because he couldn't hit. lefties.

4 minutes ago, Emory Eagle said:

Man.  What a time to completely forget how to play baseball.

Well at least we’ll be underestimated again next year.  I just hope they’ll prove them wrong again.  Going to need to add to this team, and going to need a lot of offensive improvement from the young guys.

This is why adding talent to the team next year is extremely important IMO. We are not going to just be able to pick up where we left off and get similar results as this season. Plus no Bautista which is huge for us. We must try to get better because there will be no sneaking up on anyone next year.

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Things I'd like to see the rest of this game:

• Us get some hits BEFORE there are 2 outs in the inning
  • Heston Kjerstad get a couple at bats
  • Hmmm, other than an unlikely miracle comeback... that's all I got

Cedric Mullins getting on base once this series.