ALDS Game 3: Keeping hope alive

SteveA

1 minute ago, Dunk35 said:

Even what O'Hearn was, he was only an 800 OPS first baseman who we had to platoon because he couldn't hit. lefties.

Actually we don’t know if he can hit lefties.  They never let him try and when they have more recently he has had some success. 

3 minutes ago, TopGunnar said:

Out of this starting lineup, how many do you think aren’t on the team on opening day. I’ll go with Hays, Mullins, Frazier and unfortunately ohearn

Frazier is gone for sure, but I am pretty sure Mullins will be back and O'hearn is probably back too because you need as many left handed bats with a bit of power as possible in Camden Yards. Hays probablhy is not going anywhere either

5 minutes ago, SteveA said:

He's going to sign a memorandum of understanding with a high priced free agent.

I think John would agree to signing any FA who's been a Cy Young contender and is willing to sign a one- or two-year contract at $10 mm or less per year. Subject to a medical exam, of course.

4 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Things I'd like to see the rest of this game:

• Us get some hits BEFORE there are 2 outs in the inning
  • Heston Kjerstad get a couple at bats
  • Hmmm, other than an unlikely miracle comeback... that's all I got

Hey, a 1 out hit!

1 minute ago, TopGunnar said:

Out of this starting lineup, how many do you think aren’t on the team on opening day. I’ll go with Hays, Mullins, Frazier and unfortunately ohearn

Why Hays? Why Mullins? We need to be trying to add to the talent we have no take more away IMO. Frazier should be replaced by Holliday and I am fine if we replace O'Hearn with someone like JD Martinez or a Justin Turner. Good experienced/veteran hitters. I don't think we can't reasonably count on O'Hearn to replicate this season next year.

Just now, webbrick2010 said:

Young Pitcher with no playoff experience, check

Struggled at end of season, check

Israeli citizen, with family in Israel, check

Sure make him the final starting pitcher.

Need and investigation to see if Hyde made a large wager on Rangers.

He would have had to pitch tomorrow even if we won today. IMO he's a good 5th starter, but I said all year that he isn't someone that I ever want starting with my postseason life on the line.