Will Mayo outhit Mountcastle?

Frobby

51 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

No question. I think he has value but I also think he’s not the type of hitter the current regime loves and I think he’s an under the radar prime trade candidate this offseason.

I seem to remember you saying last summer that Mayo should be untouchable. Without me looking that up and verifying, do you still feel that way? And who would be worth adding Mayo to a trade package?

Just now, Jagwar said:

I seem to remember you saying last summer that Mayo should be untouchable. Without me looking that up and verifying, do you still feel that way? And who would be worth adding Mayo to a trade package?

I see no scenario where Mayo, Holliday or Basallo should be on the table.

They aren’t untouchable but players aren’t available that I would consider dealing them for.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

I see no scenario where Mayo, Holliday or Basallo should be on the table.

They aren’t untouchable but players aren’t available that I would consider dealing them for.

and who might those players be if they WERE available?

13 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

and who might those players be if they WERE available?

Guys like Acuna, Carroll and Julio Rodriguez.

IE young elite talent signed for a contract that you have to want. Obviously those guys aren’t available.

The one potentially available player that I may consider moving Mayo or Basallo for is George Kirby.  I’m weary about the pitcher aspect of things because of the injury risk but he’s a guy I may consider.

If Mayo's OBP skills translate, he will probably have more value as a RH hitter in Camden Yards.  Mayo also seems to be ahead of Mountcastle as far as where his power numbers were at age 21. If you can get something of value in a trade for Mountcastle, between now and next All Star break may be the time to pull the trigger as his OBP+ have been above average and he was trending up last season, especially after he returned from Vertigo; GG nomination helps the value too a bit.