How good wll Bradish and Rodriguez be in 2024?

Frobby

Bradish ERA by month: 6.14, 2.76, 3.54, 2.25, 2.12, 2.06.

Rodriguez ERA by month: 4.07, 11.14, —. 3.18, 2.64, 2.17.

How good can these two be in 2024?  Is it outrageous to think they could both be top 10 pitchers in the AL?  I don’t think so.  I’ll go further than that: I expect it.  

• Upvote 2

I have more confidence in GRod than Bradish although I fully admit that is based off of my previous thoughts on each player.

I do worry about injury with Grayson though. 

I expect GRod to be a top 10 pitcher and I expect Bradish to be a legit 2/3 guy. Where that places him on the pecking order of starters I’m not sure.

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

I have more confidence in GRod than Bradish although I fully admit that is based off of my previous thoughts on each player.

I do worry about injury with Grayson though. 

I expect GRod to be a top 10 pitcher and I expect Bradish to be a legit 2/3 guy. Where that places him on the pecking order of starters I’m not sure.

I have a lot more confidence in Bradish.  He's been a TOR guy for a year and a half.  GRod has been that kind of pitcher for 3 months.  Many guys have a dominant stretch and go back to being a lesser pitcher or struggle for another year before they become the guy they showed glimpses of.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

How good can these two be in 2024?  Is it outrageous to think they could both be top 10 pitchers in the AL?  I don’t think so.  I’ll go further than that: I expect it.  

I expect both to be top 15.  Along the lines of how @Just Regulartiered them.  But Pablo and Gilbert can get bumped too.  Both legit #1 SPs.

I expect Bradish to be in line with what he did this year, maybe a tick better.  IIRC, he had a bit of a slow start, I expect him to be able to iron out those wrinkles in 2024.

I expect G-Rod to be more along the lines of what he was after his 2nd call up this year.  Worrying about injury with him is fair, but I've resigned to the idea that they all break and most every guy that throws high 90s-100 MPH will have to have TJ at some point.  If it happens, it happens.  If it doesn't, it'll be a miracle.

22 hours ago, Frobby said:

I think this is a good discussion point. All the discussion of off season moves, team success, etc. really has been with the assumption that these two guys are TOR guys for us. If you take a second and envision them not being that, the outlook for the team is very different. With that being said, I agree with @Frobby that these guys will be who we expect them to be.

On 11/10/2023 at 2:08 PM, Spy Fox said:

I think they'll both be quite good. We got about 290 IP from them this year. If we get increase that to 300+ or 325+ IP, that'll be huge for next year's team.

We do need to be ready for the possibility that 2023 was Bradish's best year.