Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

And basically all of the advanced stats basically say his numbers were far better than his actual performance. 

In other words, the numbers say he will be worse next year and even with those “better numbers” in 2023, his ERA+ was just 100..exactly league average.

He may be a guy that continues to outperform peripherals but Cease has a ceiling that is way higher and even in a down year, he still had a lot of very good numbers that dwarfed Kremer. 

I would like to have both, for depth at a minimum. Chances are all current Oriole SP options will be used at some point in ‘24. 

Kremer is a good #4 or #5 on every team, except maybe Seattle and Miami?

2 hours ago, Safelykept said:

Their probably not, and that's the problem here. If they think they can be relevant in the next 2 years they need a proven starter to come back, If they dont they can flip him. Kremer has value. Look at like this if we had Bradish Grod Cease and Means, and we need a solid back end starter what would Kremer cost

I don't buy it. The Sox have been rumored to have put just about everyone on the  trading block, including Cease, Roberts, Jimenez, etc. They're 100% looking for prospects in return and would have zippy interest in a player like Kremer. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Can this make it as longest thread ever?  How long was the Texeiria thread?

No chance this beats the Teixeira thread. 

If you weren’t here in 2008 for The Teixeira Saga, you missed something that’ll never happen again on here. 

My fav part was after he signed with the Yankees (who didn’t see that one coming?) and he told everyone he grew up a Yankees fan and a Mattingly fan which sent everyone here into an orbit of pissed off that no one’s been able to match since. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I don’t think adding Cease by subtracting is a wise decision. I don’t know why they’d want Kremer and based on the rumors don’t. His service time is rolling and won’t be there when they are relevant again.

Trading Kremer away makes zippy sense. No chance we’re trading Mayo or Basallo. 

Cease would make a lot more sense if we didn’t have the emergence of Bradish last year. Specifically, 2nd half Bradish. 

Cease isn’t the guy to trade away Basallo/Mayo, Cowser, and Kremer, for. Heck, no. 

We’ll be just fine with Bradish, Grayson, Means, Kremer, Wells/Irvin/Hall. 

Pitching is expensive. In FA bucks, and in Trades. Now we have Holt in a strictly development role. We went pitcher heavy in last year’s draft. We have 3 #1 picks in this year’s draft. We also have some DSL league making waves in full season ball. 

With all that said… Burnes might be a better fit as a TOR and a bridge to our pitching pipeline. It all depends on his price though. 

Elias' answer to the Starting Pitcher question comes down 2 things

1. Who is the best pitcher we can trade for with prospects not named Holiday, Basallo, or Mayo that makes sense?

2. Who is the best pitcher we can purchase for about $15 Million for a year or two max that makes sense?

As far as Cease, will the White Sox bite on a package that reflects #1?

11 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I think Kremer is worth 2-3 prospects. One top 5, one top ten, and one more 

You think a pitcher with a career xERA of ~5.00 is worth this much?  If so, then Cease should return an absolute haul.

Also, if I were Christ Getz, I’d want nothing to do with Kremer in a Cease trade.  Back of the rotation starter who has burnt up a portion of their control but is important depth to the Orioles right now.  I know the leaks suggest we want pitching as part of a potential return, but I just don’t see how he moves the needle for us.