Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

32 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

don’t think Husker is a BS artist but he certainly draws conclusions from third person hearsay.  He told us no way Povich would get traded and two weeks later said he might go in a Cease deal.

That's not quite the way I remember it.  I thought he said that Povich might get traded to a team that has been very good for the past decade or so.  That certainly wouldn't be a Cease trade.  It seemed to more so indicate a possible Valdez trade to me, but I do agree that Husker may be lending more credence to what he's hearing that perhaps is appropriate.

Edited by Number5
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

I think he said he now might be going in a different deal which based on his hints pointed at a deal with Houston, but yea I agree with what you are saying.

LOL.  Sorry I posted before reading that you already posted this.  🙂

8 minutes ago, Number5 said:

That's not quite the way I remember it.  I thought he said that Povich might get traded to a team that has been very good for the past decade or so.  That certainly wouldn't be a Cease trade.  It seemed to more so indicate a possible Valdez trade to me, but I do agree that Husker may be lending more credence to what he's hearing that perhaps is appropriate.

Before that he essentially said Povich was untouchable.

12 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Before that he essentially said Povich was untouchable.

And we know Elias, and no one is untouchable except for maybe Holliday. It was nonsense from the jump IMO. 

And in the weird scenario that he IS untouchable, Elias would not allow that to be communicated. 

Edited by interloper

45 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

And what did he have to gain by sharing that information? It seems like the only reason he'd create  an account and post someting like that on a random message board is to troll / stir the pot. 

Don’t you understand… it doesn’t matter if it’s a Povich relative/coach/friend, or if it’s an article from a Japanese writer… if it doesn’t jive with us getting Dylan Cease then it’s malarkey. 

How did two team’s message boards just become Dylan Cease boards?  Someone missed their calling as a promoter. 😉 

Edited by sportsfan8703

33 minutes ago, interloper said:

And we know Elias, and no one is untouchable except for maybe Holliday. It was nonsense from the jump IMO. 

And in the weird scenario that he IS untouchable, Elias would not allow that to be communicated. 

I dont believe he is making available of any of Holiday, Cowser, Kjerstad, and Mayo. I recall there was an article maybe around the deadline that said 2-3 weren't

35 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Don’t you understand… it doesn’t matter if it’s a Povich relative/coach/friend, or if it’s an article from a Japanese writer… if it doesn’t jive with us getting Dylan Cease then it’s malarkey. 

How did two team’s message boards just become Dylan Cease boards?  Someone missed their calling as a promoter. 😉 

Malarkey? Nonsense; rubbish.

5 hours ago, Number5 said:

That's exactly what I said.  "Now, there's another Organization in serious & deep discussions.  One of the 2 or 3 best Orgs in all of baseball the last 8-9 seasons."

Online GM's don't deal with reality and struggle with facts. 

1 minute ago, HuskerFan said:

That's exactly what I said.  "Now, there's another Organization in serious & deep discussions.  One of the 2 or 3 best Orgs in all of baseball the last 8-9 seasons."

So you've heard something about Povich as part of a package to Houston for Valdez? What else have you heard? (Taking this with a grain of salt but interested to hear what you'd have to say). 

10 minutes ago, HuskerFan said:

How did you get it so wrong the first time when you insisted Povich was basically on the no trade list?  You sounded like it was 100%.   Hopefully, you're taking camp Povich musings with a grain of salt.

36 minutes ago, HuskerFan said:

Says the guy peddling rumor. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, HuskerFan said:

Do you think something is likely to happen?   Your “should be an interesting next few days” post was 8 days ago.  Heard anything to make you think there’s been any progress?

50 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

How did you get it so wrong the first time when you insisted Povich was basically on the no trade list?  You sounded like it was 100%.   Hopefully, you're taking camp Povich musings with a grain of salt.

Your interpretation was wrong, it's that simple.  Internet GM's still struggling.