Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

11 minutes ago, ChicagoTerp said:

Guys - players don't know when they are being discussed in trade talks. Heck, sometimes they don't know they've been traded til they see Jon Heyman tweet it. Stop giving attention to attention-seekers.

Seconded. For the love of god stop engaging him. His whole purpose is to get a reaction out of you and you're playing right into his hands. 

17 minutes ago, HuskerFan said:

Your interpretation was wrong, it's that simple.  Internet GM's still struggling.  

You keep making cryptic statements that are intentionally vague then being condescending to people when they don't understand. 

Just say what you know or go quietly into the night. 

On 12/8/2023 at 10:32 AM, HuskerFan said:

I'm not twisting any words.  He will not be traded this winter.  He will be at the Orioles ST and within the Organization on opening day.  What happens after that I don't know.

If you want to call it untouchable, go right ahead.  I don't care.  As I said, untouchable for me is someone that won't be traded at all from now till the 24 deadline.  

Hmmm. Yeah, I guess I misinterpreted this as you sounding 100% certain that he wouldn’t be traded before opening day.  I’m gonna guess you didn’t major in Communications at Nebraska.

12 minutes ago, PepeSylvia said:

You keep making cryptic statements that are intentionally vague then being condescending to people when they don't understand. 

Just say what you know or go quietly into the night. 

Yes.  Back to the cornfields.   His 15 minutes are up.   

3 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Westburg, Kjerstad, and Tavera for Cease.

Do you do it?

Heck no. We’re not all or nothing next year. Westburg and Kjerstad give us 12 years of filling two spots in our lineup. Probably 3ish ASG appearances. We can’t afford that on the open market. 

11 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Heck no. We’re not all or nothing next year. Westburg and Kjerstad give us 12 years of filling two spots in our lineup. Probably 3ish ASG appearances. We can’t afford that on the open market. 

Should Westburg and Kjerstad be traded, the O's have Ortiz, Holliday,Norby just counting the prospects for 2B and for OF/1B the O's have Cowser, Bradfield, Jr. Basallo, Mayo, and Fabian, all with tons of service time with more players behind them.  Of course debating the talent level of each prospect is completely warrented, but the service time argument is particularly unpersuasive at this moment in Orioles history.

I spent about 3 minutes looking at the last couple of pages on that Sox site, what a clown show. They actually think the Orioles need to win 100 games this year to go to the playoffs. I just hope they get their deal with the Yankees. You can't expect Cease to be the 2022 version, he never was before and took a big step back last year. K's down 3 years in a row, while still being 10+ it's trending in the wrong direction for 3 straight years and his money maker has almost no pitch value, his slider was awful.

I get they need to do better than they did when they traded their last successful pitcher, Chris Sale for Moncada, Kopech, Basabe and Victor Diaz who combined were all worth less WAR than Sale alone was. I know Moncada was going to be the next big thing, but he's been a negative WAR offensive player the past two years and hardly the stud that they thought they were getting. I'd be salty too, and want to shoot for the moon.

When you basically have two players on your team worth anything and your farm is not good at all, you need to hit on your trades for those types of players. Let them deal with the Yankees, I'm sure it will work out just fine. While our friends there love the Fangraphs projections, they have Cease at 2.7 fWAR next year. Yeah, we can find that somewhere else, probably in-house.

10 minutes ago, interloper said:

No I do not. That said, there's no reason for anyone to downvote this. 

Eh, there are like 5 people on the board responsible for all of the downvoting. It doesn't remove rep like it used to, it just shows who the petty people are.

• Upvote 1

Just now, CaptainRedbeard said:

I don’t think I’d do Kjerstad straight up for Cease. I’d do Westburg or Ortiz + other lesser prospects and if that doesn’t get if that doesn’t get it done, fine.

I'd do Kjerstad straight up for Cease and I'm not even that high on Cease. In a 1:1 I'd do it, though.