Naoyuki Uwasawa Offer Being Prepared?

Can_of_corn

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Yes, abnormal and strange things happen at times. Guys who have largely been failures come out of nowhere. 

Should we just sign lots of failed players and just see if we get lucky from now on?

And btw, you signed DC to a non gtd cheap deal. I have already said, go ahead and sign as many of those guys as you want.

What you just showed is why it’s dumb to sign this guy…because you can get that level production for less money and no gtd spot. Thanks for proving my point.

Why are you getting worked up over $2-4M? That is nothing, even to the Orioles. If it doesn't work out, no big deal, like the Givens deal. 

I am more concerned about the possibility of him refusing a minor league assignment but we have no idea that will be the case.  

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

Again Cease 2 Years ago

What’s that got to do with now?

Neither Grayson nor Bradish have yet had a season as good as Cease’s 2022.  However, even at that point, Cease then had only 3 years of service remaining.  Bradish has 5, Grayson 6.  

Bradish had a breakout year earlier than Cease did.  Cease had a 101 ERA+ three years and 297 innings in.  Bradish has a 110 ERA+ after 2 years and 286 innings.  

Rodriguez’s rookie year (122 IP, 95 ERA+) compares favorably to Cease’s (73 IP, 79 ERA+).   If you combine Cease’s first two seasons (second was the short Covid year), Cease was at 131.1 IP, 91 ERA+.  

In short, I think Bradish and Rodriguez are more valuable assets today than Cease has been at any point in his career, if you factor in both performance to that point and service time remaining.

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Neither Grayson nor Bradish have yet had a season as good as Cease’s 2022.  However, even at that point, Cease then had only 3 years of service remaining.  Bradish has 5, Grayson 6.  

Bradish had a breakout year earlier than Cease did.  Cease had a 101 ERA+ three years and 297 innings in.  Bradish has a 110 ERA+ after 2 years and 286 innings.  

Rodriguez’s rookie year (122 IP, 95 ERA+) compares favorably to Cease’s (73 IP, 79 ERA+).   If you combine Cease’s first two seasons (second was the short Covid year), Cease was at 131.1 IP, 91 ERA+.  

In short, I think Bradish andz are more valuable assets today than Cease has been at any point in his career, if you factor in both performance to that point and service time remaining.

Again I'm not disagreeing with you  I'm trying to trade for Cease Bradish and Rodriguez are already here

18 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

You know that fully half of the responses to any criticism of the team this offseason will be answered by they won 101 games.

The other half of the responses to any criticism of the team this off-season will be they didn't spend enough money. 

21 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Why are you getting worked up over $2-4M? That is nothing, even to the Orioles. If it doesn't work out, no big deal, like the Givens deal. 

I am more concerned about the possibility of him refusing a minor league assignment but we have no idea that will be the case.  

Same reason folks were up in arms over the O’Hearn move last year.  People don’t truly understand what this admin is doing.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

Again I'm not disagreeing with you  I'm trying to trade for Cease Bradish and Rodriguez are already here

I’m just pointing out that to the extent folks are coveting a no. 1-2 starter with 3+ years of control remaining, we arguably have two of those already.  Like you, I’d be very happy getting Cease to complement them.  I’ve discussed that at length in the Cease thread.  

19 minutes ago, Frobby said:

In short, I think Bradish and Rodriguez are more valuable assets today than Cease has been at any point in his career, if you factor in both performance to that point and service time remaining.

Think again

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m just pointing out that to the extent folks are coveting a no. 1-2 starter with 3+ years of control remaining, we arguably have two of those already.  Like you, I’d be very happy getting Cease to complement them.  I’ve discussed that at length in the Cease thread.  

Is there a rule about how many of those guys you are allowed to have?

Edited by Sports Guy

Just now, Malike said:

It depends on how many legitimate prospects you are willing to trade. There is always a limit whether it's in prospect capital or in 9 figure contracts.

Luckily the Os have plenty of money and prospects to get another one without even worrying about the long term consequences of it.

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

It depends on how many legitimate prospects you are willing to trade. There is always a limit whether it's in prospect capital or in 9 figure contracts.

Luckily the Os have plenty of money and prospects to get another one without even worrying about the long term consequences of it.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Absolutely, the question was is there a limit, and I was just saying yes, there is. If it's 1 more pitcher that will put us over the top then that is something well within reach, if we want 5 number 1-2 starters with 3+ years of control, it's much less likely.