MLB Offseason Moves/Rumor Thread

ThisIsBirdland

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

Which means they will probably get over paid... which means that's why Roch poured cold water on getting any more decent free agents to the fans this morning.

The top tier guys will be massively overpaid yes, but I'm not sure it trickles down too much to the mid level guys. ERod got a pretty normal amount. Trade still our best option for anyone better than a Wacha-type though.

4 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

How are we ever going to keep our best guys. 

It'll have to come down to how much they like Jimmy's Seafood Crab Cakes, I guess.  Gotta say, any extensions of our key guys just got a bump higher...and now, Bryce Harper is essentially angling for more money.....

8 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

The game is being ruined. The top guy is $70 million per. Angelos doesn’t want to pay a guy $20 million per. Im guessing a few other teams don’t either. How are we ever going to keep our best guys. 

We're not and we haven't for the last 25 years or so. 

1 minute ago, Sanity Check said:

It'll have to come down to how much they like Jimmy's Seafood Crab Cakes, I guess.  Gotta say, any extensions of our key guys just got a bump higher...and now, Bryce Harper is essentially angling for more money.....

Bryce Harper is comical, or at least, Scott Boras is.   The guy is under contract through his age 38 season.