MLB Offseason Moves/Rumor Thread

ThisIsBirdland

Lorenzen I would give an edge on Gibson for utility with his reliever experience.

It seemed to me his no-hitter was an achievement that in the long run played out as a curse.    I'd hope the Sigbot would yank him after 6 no-hit innings here for improved odds he could continue to sustain his job.

Before the 124 pitch spike in his 2nd game with Philadelphia, he'd already set his in-season high in his first game with them.    Its what you do to a rental pitcher to an extent.

Game 3 onward, he finished the year with 30 innings of 8.00 ERA ball.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

Didn't know that, thanks. Yeah I don't want any of these types of idiots. 

I do agree with you on this...kind of why I made the Bauer comment...but I thought you were aware.   Even though Bauer was exonerated of the charges against him, I'm just not sure who will take a chance on him at this point.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Just Regular said:

MLB just played a clip of Bo Bichette on a podcast name dropping Justin Turner or JD Martinez off his personal wishlist.

He said he felt they could help the Club achieve a higher level of "professionalism, discipline and consistency" it needs.

That’s a move I don’t want to see happen. 

3 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

MLB just played a clip of Bo Bichette on a podcast name dropping Justin Turner or JD Martinez off his personal wishlist.

He said he felt they could help the Club achieve a higher level of "professionalism, discipline and consistency" it needs.

Wow!  Intended or not, that’s a shot at the manager and some of his teammates.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Well that raises an eyebrow haha. 

16 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Wow!  Intended or not, that’s a shot at the manager and some of his teammates.

Schneider is one of the worst managers I think I've ever seen. It's a wonder he wasn't fired after how they underperformed and the blatant in-game mistakes he made. 

Edited by interloper

24 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Mike Clevinger should be our SP target of what is left. Is baseball savant numbers are pretty good and I think he would benefit from our defense/wall. 

IMG_4907.jpeg

Now show is xERA and barrel %. And post links to all of the off the field / team incidents that suggest that he's not just a terrible person, but a terrible clubhouse guy.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Mike Clevinger should be our SP target of what is left. Is baseball savant numbers are pretty good and I think he would benefit from our defense/wall. 

IMG_4907.jpeg

I don't think you will see Clevinger as an Orioles from a clubhouse perspective.

1 hour ago, clapdiddy said:

I do agree with you on this...kind of why I made the Bauer comment...but I thought you were aware.   Even though Bauer was exonerated of the charges against him, I'm just not sure who will take a chance on him at this point.  

CD-not to bust your balls-as I would someone with a Bauer agenda but he was not exonerated-he was investigated but never charged and there is a huge difference.  Prosecutors rarely bring a case unless they are sure they can win but that doesn't mean the person investigated is innocent.

MLB hires ex FBI guys that are very professional and very thorough, I'd trust them more than the DA's office in LA.  MLB suspended him based upon their finding and remember he's held to a different legal standard as a member of the MLBPA through the CBA. 

• Upvote 3