MLB Offseason Moves/Rumor Thread

ThisIsBirdland

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

Damn. The Dodgers keep Dodgering. 

Would have really liked Brasier to solidify that 6th inning type of zone. 

And the Dodgers keep Dodgering again after every 40 man roster move they make a trade.  This time with the Yankees.  Again.  

Also, Brasier was holding out for a 2nd year.  That's something that other FA RH relievers didn't get like Kimbrel, Robertson, Neris, Ottavino, etc...  The Dodgers were willing to do that.  

Look at Andrew Friedman and Brian Cashman trying to pass around the best middle relievers like precious jars of Grey Poupon.

Pardon me, sir, would you happen to have any Caleb Ferguson?

But, of course.

All while Michael Lorenzen goes on job hunting.

I saw a Marlins Tim Anderson interest note, and boy is Jorge Mateo probably not getting anything in trade until Anderson and Amed Rosario get situated.    I hope for Joey Ortiz's sake the Brewers don't do an Adam Frazier-ish move with one of the lingering middle infielders.

• Haha 1

I would give Gunnar and Holliday the Witt. Jr deal asap if possible. It really is coming to a point where we will be one of the very few/maybe even only organizations to not have any young stars locked up. Well, except Oakland who doesn't have any.

5 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

Too long for Adley, and too soon for Jackson. But it's a good comp for a Gunnar deal.

Was thinking the same thing.   Would be hard to give both of those guys a big deal, but they could be the two guys (talking Gunner and Jackson) you build this club around.

Edited by clapdiddy

Considering the position Adley plays and it's importance, as well as the fact I have been waiting decades for us to find a top franchise catcher, Adley is the player I would have wanted to extend the most. But I saw some things last season that made me reflect on the career of Matt Weiters and how fast the trajectory of Weiters career change, and it gave me pause.  I'd like to see Adley's pitch selection with some pitchers get better, and I'd like to see him hold runners and throw out more runners attempting to steal (as well as stay healthy) before I feel comfortable dishing out an 11 year deal with that type of investment.

But if a couple of those parameters show improvement, I would most definitely have Adley as my top priority for an extension. Great all-around catchers are difficult to come by. I've seen people here compare the idea of extending him to the career of Joe Mauer, and I think that's a good case study to use.