2024 International signing class tracker

Don’t the O’s have 2M left from their pool?   I can’t imagine this Rubi kid being more than a 100-200K type signing considering the reported 89-91 mph velocity but maybe it’s more.

• 2 weeks later...

About 10 days ago, we signed two 19-year old right-handed pitchers: David De Los Santos (6-1, 179) and Harlin Naut (6-2, 161). Both were having success in the MLB-sponsored Amateur Scouting League where David had a 1.13 ERA and Harlin had a 3.60 ERA.

No bonuses have been reported but I would guess $10K or relatively low.

• Like 1

Below is the latest tracking of largest bonus pools, based on the reporting of Francys Romero:

1. Dodgers - $2,452,500

2. Orioles - $1,917,300

3. Athletics - $1,863,000

4. Marlins - $1,725,000

5. Giants - $1,420,000

Note that the Orioles figure above does not include any bonuses for Rubi, De Los Santos, or Naut.

I believe the best available remaining player in the market is Cuban RHP Jan Ewing Cabrera.  

He is being repped by Wasserman (a top 4 MLB agency); he probably wouldn’t be worth their time if they weren’t expecting a seven-figure bonus.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Baseball fandom said:

What's the latest with this guy . Does anyone know how his showcase went and who the favorite is to sign him 

Cubans need to be cleared by MLB as free agents, to ensure their paperwork is in order and steer clear of the embargo.  I don’t believe that has happened yet so that is likely the holdup.

The Orioles have the second most budget remaining after the Dodgers.