Puck News: Orioles sold to Rubenstein

Orioles Jim

15 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

I'd be shocked if ownership was in place to make any significant additions before the season begins.  We only have two months (and realistically one month) before all of the leftover FAs will have signed with a team. 

The ability to make a trade for a player and taking on significant salary that current ownership might not take on, cannot be discounted. But again, I'd be very surprised if we see anything major go down that wouldn't have materialized otherwise over the next two months.  Have to wait until FY25. 

I would think that the CWS and Marlins have a list of people we are okay trading once this ownership thing is finalized.      My guess is at this point it’s take it or leave it with what Elias has offered…  and would happen after the owners meeting. 

my personal opinion is that we will not go into ST without a additional SP…

26 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Their behavior is VERY consistent with the mode that MASN has ALWAYS operated. It's always been run like "state news". 

The comments have disappeared under Roch's latest post as well.

Just now, TradeAngelos said:

John Angelos lied. How surprising? Who did the state think that they were negotiating with? If any of this is true, the Moore administration has only themselves to blame for having the wool pulled over their eyes. The Angeloses lie that's fundamentally what they do and have always done.

Here is a sample from their board. I thought the OH was drama... Oh my.

Baltimore is already ahead of where the Astros were. Samuel Basallo is basically Yordan Alvarez and no one is talking about him.

It's over. The Toronto Blue Jays as a functional franchise has ended. The Orioles are now a better version of the Astros owned by a billionaire. 100 win seasons for the next 20 years.

I'm being a bit dramatic. No I am not.

The greatest prospect in Blue Jays history was Vladimir Guerrero Jr. who was talked about as a legend from day 1.

As an 18 year old Samuel Basallo was ahead of Guerrero and Juan Soto at 18. And no one is talking about him because he is like the 5th best prospect they've developed in the last 2 years.

Congratulations to the Baltimore Orioles for creating the greatest franchise ever. Congratulations to David Rubstein for buying the best group of talent ever.

The Toronto Blue will win 78 games with 90 win talent because of the division.

• Haha 2

Just now, Bemorewins said:

John Angelos lied. How surprising? Who did the state think that they were negotiating with? If any of this is true, the Moore administration has only themselves to blame for having the wool pulled over their eyes. The Angeloses lie that's fundamentally what they do and have always done.

Right..there has been plenty of smoke about this. If Moore was dumb enough to believe this guy, that’s on him.

1 minute ago, clapdiddy said:

Maybe the team "was not for sale" because a deal was already done...just not announced?

Johnny was trying to leverage the state for every penny possible, because he knew he was going to sell or already had agreed on the sale. That is why he lied to everyone and tried to extort the state for everything he could. He knew that would pay huge dividends on the value of the offer. He would have told them literally anything if it would mean another 600m in his pocket. Didn't work, too bad. 

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Right..there has been plenty of smoke about this. If Moore was dumb enough to believe this guy, that’s on him.

Probably just covering his butt.  I bet Angelos bribed the state officials to get more goodies to throw into his bag for his grand exit plan.  

2 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Here's where I get fuzzy, but I believe Roki Sasaki would still be IFA bonus cap managed for Opening Day 2025, and just clarifying that is what you meant.     He recently ended his holdout and agreed to a 2024 contract with Chiba Lotte.

Granted its more of enjoying a feel good moment.    The global talent distribution bouncing ball to follow will be are Ohtani and Yamamoto's coattails long enough he really only thinks about the Dodgers (sorry, New York Clubs).     All of the plausible candidates to earn $30mm in 2030 are already in the Orioles org.

Yes, I meant following the next NPB season - posted next November/December for opening day 2025.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Orioles0615 said:

Still silence from Roch and Steve...

Roch wrote this last night in the comments section of his blog post from yesterday:

"Hey friends, just an FYI, and spread the word cause I know it's late, that I won't be filing tomorrow. The streak is over. Won't go into details but the fact that I was unable to file a story tonight has led me to take a little break here. Will reconnect soon."

Then when other commenters were questioning if he might have been fired, he wrote:

"Thanks all. I'll be back here. Just didn't want everyone wondering what the heck happened tomorrow morning."

So unless he posts something before midnight tonight, his posting streak of 5600+ consecutive days will come to an end.