Roch has not posted today at 8 pm

wildcard

Outfielder Austin Hays and reliever Jacob Webb won their arbitration hearings. Where have you gone, Russell Smouse?

It ain't my money, so whatever. Good for them. it won't force the club to raise ticket prices.

Thought this little ticket prices joke was kind of bold. I chuckled. 

Edited by interloper
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

He took vacation. Unless he's lying to me, which I doubt, he told me he was on vacation.

There’s more to it than that.  

Late in the evening when the Rubenstein story first broke, Roch posted the following  comment to his prior story:

“Hey friends, just an FYI, and spread the word cause I know it’s late, that I won’t be filing tomorrow. The streak is over. Won’t go into details but the fact that I was unable to file a story tonight has led me to take a little break here. Will reconnect soon.”

Later a commenter speculated that MASN censored his story on the sale and that Roch likely decided that if he couldn’t post about the biggest O’s story in decades, then he wasn’t going to post nothing at all (i.e., silly to post leftovers for breakfast while pretending nothing happened). Roch directly replied with a hand clap emoji. 

There’s no evidence that he had pay docked or some other penalty but the vacation wasn’t pre-planned and was precipitated by the Rubenstein story breaking.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Warehouse said:

There’s more to it than that.  

Late in the evening when the Rubenstein story first broke, Roch posted the following  comment to his prior story:

“Hey friends, just an FYI, and spread the word cause I know it’s late, that I won’t be filing tomorrow. The streak is over. Won’t go into details but the fact that I was unable to file a story tonight has led me to take a little break here. Will reconnect soon.”

Later a commenter speculated that MASN censored his story on the sale and that Roch likely decided that if he couldn’t post about the biggest O’s story in decades, then he wasn’t going to post nothing at all (i.e., silly to post leftovers for breakfast while pretending nothing happened). Roch directly replied with a hand clap emoji. 

There’s no evidence that he had pay docked or some other penalty but the vacation wasn’t pre-planned and was precipitated by the Rubenstein story breaking.

I didn't say why he took a vacation nor did I say it was planned. I simply said he took a vacation vs was suspended or fired. 

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

“Akin’s minor league option brings the kind of flexibility that the bullpen needs, but he won’t get sent down if he keeps pitching like this.”

Maybe I’m misreading Roch, but does he understand that the actual flexibility is having someone in the ML bullpen who has options as well as having pitchers in Norfolk with options?

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

“Akin’s minor league option brings the kind of flexibility that the bullpen needs, but he won’t get sent down if he keeps pitching like this.”

Maybe I’m misreading Roch, but does he understand that the actual flexibility is having someone in the ML bullpen who has options as well as having pitchers in Norfolk with options?

I assume he’s just saying, “sure, Akin could be optioned until an injury or ineffectiveness from someone else occurs, but he’s pitching too well right now to do that.”

4 minutes ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

I assume he’s just saying, “sure, Akin could be optioned until an injury or ineffectiveness from someone else occurs, but he’s pitching too well right now to do that.”

Ok. My interpretation was that Akin at Norfolk gives the bullpen flexibility.   It’s actually having Akin and Tate in the ML bullpen that gives it flexibility.  Those two, as far as I know, are the only two bullpen pieces who can be sent to Norfolk without being exposed to waivers.

• 1 month later...

“Mayo collided with the dugout railing yesterday while chasing a foul ball and came out of the game.”

Geez!   There’s video.  Everyone who saw it knows that he didn’t hit the railing of the dugout.