Non roster invites to ST

Sports Guy

Obviously lots of exciting names there but an under the radar guy who could really help his case is Armbruester. I know at @nvpacchi has done a really nice job of breaking down his fastball and why he likes him.

With the BP in such flux, he really may be able to open eyes and while he may not make the pen out of ST, he could put himself in position to be in it quickly.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, MurphDogg said:

Biggest surprise to me is the absence of any more outfielders (Fabian, Bradfield, Beavers, etc.). Can always bring guys over from minor league camp for the day, though.

Hays, Santander, Cowser, Kjerstad, Mullins, Stowers, Hilliard, Mayo, Norby, McKenna and OHearn.

I can see why they didn’t feel the need to invite more.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Hays, Santander, Cowser, Kjerstad, Mullins, Stowers, Hilliard, Mayo, Norby, McKenna and OHearn.

Agreed.  It’s already plenty crowded.  

Pretty much everyone I was hoping to see this spring is on there.  I have some interest in Alex Pham, but can understand his omission, and if they want to bring him over for a look, they can do it anyway.  

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Mayo hasn't played an inning in the outfield yet, will be interesting to see whether he does this spring. 

4 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

I'm a little surprised Bradfield didn't get the invite.  

I am not surprised at all.  He hasn’t played above a smattering of games in Hi A.  I realize no. 1 picks do sometimes get an invite, but it’s not always the case, and we have a lot of outfielders who need the PT this spring.  

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I am not surprised at all.  He hasn’t played above a smattering of games in Hi A.  I realize no. 1 picks do sometimes get an invite, but it’s not always the case, and we have a lot of outfielders who need the PT this spring.  

I get it and it does make sense.  I just thought there was a chance he'd get the complimentary invite as the #1 pick.  I don't know if it's anything to read into, but it does make me curious if they thought it would potentially hamper his development playing against that caliber of player or if it was, like you said, a numbers thing with all the OFers.  

Just now, emmett16 said:

I get it and it does make sense.  I just thought there was a chance he'd get the complimentary invite as the #1 pick.  I don't know if it's anything to read into, but it does make me curious if they thought it would potentially hamper his development playing against that caliber of player or if it was, like you said, a numbers thing with all the OFers.  

I’ll bet you dollars to donuts they bring him over to big league camp a few times.  

• Like 1

One of my takeaways from Burnes' interview was him talking about the crash course aspect of getting to know his catchers.

Before Burnes, I'd wondered if Basallo would get a lot of Adley/McCann time and attention.    I still think he'll get some, but certainly Burnes crashes the pie chart of how time and energy is allocated.

Lot of responsibilities on a franchise catcher, all the way through seeing if they can help "LHP Ronald Guzman" harness anything.

• Upvote 1