Naming rights to stadium to be announced today?

SemperFi

Blasphemy.  Supermarket pizza?!  (I've never had it, will try, tho... ;) )

Franks on Belair Rd, south of Northern Pkwy and DeSantis'.  Warming either up with a damp paper towel over top in the microwave or in a pan, with a bit of water and a lid are definitely the ways to go.

Re T. Rowe... TRP Park wouldn't be bad, but I'm still sort of confused as to why they wouldn't still want to go thru with it but maybe Rube's isn't interested.

9 minutes ago, drjohnnyfever1 said:

Re T. Rowe... TRP Park wouldn't be bad, but I'm still sort of confused as to why they wouldn't still want to go thru with it but maybe Rube's isn't interested.

My guess is they still want to go through with it.

But put yourself in their shoes.  What’s the reaction if this is announced this week?  “One final FU to the city on his way out the door”.  It forever tarnishes T Rowe’s association with Camden Yards as JA’s doing.  And David Rubinstein is prohibited from discussing it until he is approved as the next owner.

On the other hand, if they wait a couple months for Rubinstein to officially take the reigns, it can be positioned as a way to increase payroll competitiveness without the same skepticism that would come from JA delivering that message.  I’d expect the reception to be less negative with Rubinstein as the primary spokesman, if only because he won’t antagonize reporters by picking weird fights.

6 minutes ago, Warehouse said:

My guess is they still want to go through with it.

But put yourself in their shoes.  What’s the reaction if this is announced this week?  “One final FU to the city on his way out the door”.  It forever tarnishes T Rowe’s association with Camden Yards as JA’s doing.  And David Rubinstein is prohibited from discussing it until he is approved as the next owner.

On the other hand, if they wait a couple months for Rubinstein to officially take the reigns, it can be positioned as a way to increase payroll competitiveness without the same skepticism that would come from JA delivering that message.  I’d expect the reception to be less negative with Rubinstein as the primary spokesman, if only because he won’t antagonize reporters by picking weird fights.

Yeah, I don't know about the negative feelings link to JA,  I hadn't really thought of it.  Unless the deal was leaving with JA, but I didn't get the impression with the sale that JA would be the beneficiary of the naming deal once the sale goes thru.

But I did think that if they still wanted it and Rubes is accepting then it would be a nice cash reserve to do something with for the team later on.  I guess there was also probably some prearranged deal where the naming would have been announced so maybe TRP, caught blindsided, is being prudent with just stepping back til the dust settles.  Kind of swarmy they weren't in the loop on the real intent and seeming immediacy to sell the team by JA, tho...   but that's not anything new. ;)

4 hours ago, Chelsea_Phil said:

Legg Mason is no more, right?

Legg Mason is still around but it is a division of Franklin Templeton.  They moved from the original Legg Mason building in the Inner Harbor to the Legg Mason Tower in  Harbor East. The signage is now down on the Legg Mason Tower soon after the acquisition. 

Edited by Going Underground