Bauer interested in O's

Bigbie03

It seems to me the question with Bauer should be simplified. Would he be better than say…Kremer?

That is what we need. And of course there are other options. Some would be expensive in cash some in prospects.  And of course others have said this….I trust Elias to evaluate the teams needs and make the right decision. 

This is a baseball team. It isn’t the anything more. 

15 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

LOL. Josh Tomlin's career ERA is 4.77. That's some A+ tutelage by Bauer!

Ah.  So he’s not a cancer, just a bad tutor.  Noted.  

I thought due to my “views” we were on longer discussing the matter.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jammer7 said:

It is different here, as far as procedures go. We do the majority of things at the scene, if possible. If PC was established and arrest was made, Detectives generally play a role after the fact, behind the scenes in these DV cases. They support the victim in any appropriate way, show them how to take advantage of different services and programs.

Here in Florida, it used to be when I started that if the victim made statements that the suspect battered them, that, in and of itself, was probable cause to arrest. The law was clear; the officer “shall arrest.” Even if it may not have been corroborated by physical evidence, and regardless of whether or not the victim desired prosecution. The State is the victim in DV cases. It has evolved over time, but for many many years that was the law. 

Yes-to add to that the state (FL) as the victim then can prosecute even if the person battered declines to testify.

1 hour ago, foxfield said:

It seems to me the question with Bauer should be simplified. Would he be better than say…Kremer?

That is what we need. And of course there are other options. Some would be expensive in cash some in prospects.  And of course others have said this….I trust Elias to evaluate the teams needs and make the right decision. 

Precisely.  It’s a baseball team and nothing more.  And I trust Elias to make the right decision.  I could care less if they sign him or not.  I see him as a potential candidate to help the team.  He’s an impressive example of making yourself out of nothing. It’s just crazy to me to observe the mob mentality that has followed the human condition since the beginning on man.  Oh to be so righteous and, all the while,  make yourself feel just a little bit better while doing so. 

Edited by emmett16

8 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

We all know you're an old soul, Moose. 

This is pretty funny. I’m here arguing for Bauer if the players are interested in having him on the team, you’re the one who’s been taking hardline old-school Boomer stances throughout. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, foxfield said:

It’s also a business worth $1.72 billion that generates and spends at least $100 million each way every season. You can’t credibly divorce that from the discussion.  Elias certainly can’t ignore it. 

4 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

This is pretty funny. I’m here arguing for Bauer if the players are interested in having him on the team, you’re the one who’s been taking hardline old-school Boomer stances throughout. 

The majority of my posts have been about my concerns about Bauer affecting the team's chemistry and his actually ability to perform on the field. Those topics/opinions aren't stereotypcial of any generation. So I'm really not sure what you're talking about when you say I'm taking "Boomer stances".  

What is stereotypical (of an older mentaility)  is you downplaying the significance of social media in today's world and not awknowledging that famous people following and unfollowing each other is a pretty big deal (whether we like it or not). And for the record I'm not a Boomer either. 

3 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

The majority of my posts have been about my concerns about Bauer affecting the team's chemistry and his actually ability to perform on the field. Those topics/opinions aren't stereotypcial of any generation. So I'm really not sure what you're talking about when you say I'm taking "Boomer stances".  

What is stereotypical (of an older mentaility)  is you downplaying the significance of social media in today's world and not awknowledging that famous people following and unfollowing each other is a pretty big deal (whether we like it or not). And for the record I'm not a Boomer either. 

Oh, that wasn't you who was arguing that Elias had to be the adult in the room?  My mistake.