Elias and Craig Breslow together last night

Just Regular

It may have been 2002 Yale teammates catching up, and wasn't mentioned in the Game Thread, but the NESN video feed last night showed Elias and Breslow sitting next to each other for several innings.

The OPACY studio call was kind of funny as it started, "Elias is explaining something to some guy", and the producers caught them up it was the Red Sox GM.

Kenley and Chris Martin both got in one of the 2.2 innings they need before the lights go on.

Would you trade say Trace Bright for a 1-year Chris Martin rental to fortify our bullpen?     Boston already moved John Schreiber along this winter for a mid-Minors arm.

Red Sox probably looking more at 2025 than 2024 I figure zero interest in the Urias-Mateo level guys the Giants or Tigers might benefit from having.

18 minutes ago, interloper said:

My theory dating back weeks is that we send McKenna to Boston for cash or PTBNL. I don't really know why lol. 

McKenna is from NH and was a huge Sox fan growing up. I believe many Sox faithful hoped he’d be drafted by them out of HS. I’m sure the fan base would love to have him. 

As for Elias, was at the game and saw him walk out of the stadium after it was over. My buddy and I were like why is he here (just saw him Sunday at Ed Smith too btw)? Forgot about the Yale connection. That explains it. 

Edited by scarey1999

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, scarey1999 said:

McKenna is from NH and was a huge Sox fan growing up. I believe many Sox faithful hoped he’d be drafted by them out of HS. I’m sure the fan base would love to have him. 

As for Elias, was at the game and saw him walk out of the stadium after it was over. My buddy and I were like why is he here (just saw him Sunday at Ed Smith too btw)? Forgot about the Yale connection. That explains it. 

Baseball roster maximization aside, it was cool seeing Elias kind of excited about whatever he was explaining the first time the cameras went there.     He's a kid who grew up in Orioles country and was a top two length pitcher as a freshman at Yale with a senior on the team who was a big league talent.    They're both living the dream, and Elias now is the old hand at the job.

Its more efficient for Chris Martin to be on the 2024 Orioles than the 2024 Red Sox.

Edited by Just Regular

1 hour ago, scarey1999 said:

I doubt Red Sox fans would care at all about getting McKenna.   They’d care about as much as we cared about getting Errol Robinson, who was born in Boyds, MD.

And, I really doubt Elias traveled to Ft. Meyers because he and Breslow went to Yale.  He went to watch his players play.  

1 hour ago, scarey1999 said:

Him dropping that flyball suddenly makes so much sense! 😁

• Haha 3

I was thinking Tyler Nevin more than McKenna. Someone will pick him up and for some reason, I root that he can carve out a nice career - it just won't be with the O's. Maybe it's because I like to see sons of baseball fathers do well. Hint Hint Holliday!

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I doubt Red Sox fans would care at all about getting McKenna.   They’d care about as much as we cared about getting Errol Robinson, who was born in Boyds, MD.

And, I really doubt Elias traveled to Ft. Meyers because he and Breslow went to Yale.  He went to watch his players play.  

There were several Sox fans who cheered on McKenna yesterday. I sat on the home team side with several friends. Teams do like to bring these types of local players back even if they aren’t in long term plans. It gives the minor league affiliates someone with local name recognition. At least McKenna has spent several seasons on a ML roster and is more of an established player, whereas Errol has yet to get a sniff despite being several years older. 

Of course Elias didn’t just make a trip to Ft Myers to hang out with Breslow lol. 

2 minutes ago, scarey1999 said:

There were several Sox fans who cheered on McKenna yesterday. I sat on the home team side with several friends. Teams do like to bring these types of local players back even if they aren’t in long term plans. It gives the minor league affiliates someone with local name recognition. At least McKenna has spent several seasons on a ML roster and is more of an established player, whereas Errol has yet to get a sniff despite being several years older. 

Of course Elias didn’t just make a trip to Ft Myers to hang out with Breslow lol. 

Maybe they cheered because he gifted them a win last year.