Jackson Holliday 2024

btdart20

39 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Honestly, he hadn’t had a good swing all day until he jumped on that cement mixer of a pitch.   But he sure clobbered that one.  The swing on the near 3-run homer was a really nice one. 

Agreed, that’s a fair characterization. Still a ways to go, but those two pitches he connected on were exciting. I just think with time the hot take that has been floated on here about his leg kick being detrimental won’t age well. Not calling you out specifically @Frobby, not aware if you’re a proponent ✌️

Just now, better said:

Agreed, that’s a fair characterization. Still a ways to go, but those two pitches he connected on were exciting. I just think with time the hot take that has been floated on here about his leg kick being detrimental won’t age well. Not calling you out specifically @Frobby, not aware if you’re a proponent ✌️

One thing I’ve never done is critique players’ swing mechanics.  I don’t feel at all qualified to do that.  

I do think that for any rookie, feeling confident and not overthinking things is important.  I think that homer will go a long way towards letting Holliday relax and just play his game.  By the way, his final swing today (line out go LF) was also a very nice swing.  

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

That last out was encouraging too. Holliday keeps making good contact and the hits will follow.

And he made that nice pick to get the DP to end the game.

Yeh, I thought he had two homers today except the people in New York were watching the Olympics instead of our game. 😄. Holliday looks like a different player. Quite frankley, I'm more worried about Gunnar's fielding than Holliday's hitting. If we are going to have Mayo at third, Gunnar has to get back on tract! This weekend series will be a good test all around.

16 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

That's awesome.  On both of their parts.   That ball could be worth a lot someday so do that is a great example set by the dad. 

I'm just glad Zach Hample didn't have a hand in this.

Congrats to Jackson on his first 2 hit day and first 3 on base day.  Unfortunately I was unable to watch the game.  I hope his defense looked good too.  Jackson seems a lot more confident (which I think was 90% of his problem).  I'm assuming his swing looks better too.