It's done - We have new owners! - Press conference right now on masn Orioles YouTube channel

spleen1015

3 hours ago, NashLumber said:

Repurpose the Hilton (make it an underground parking deck) so that we can see the Bromo Tower again. 

And put in a new scoreboard and new sound system.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, NashLumber said:

Repurpose the Hilton (make it an underground parking deck) so that we can see the Bromo Tower again. 

I can’t express how much I dislike the fact that they blocked the tower. Second only to the staggeringly stupid move by the  Nats to block the view of the Capitol and Washington Monument. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MCO'sFan said:

I can’t express how much I dislike the fact that they blocked the tower. Second only to the staggeringly stupid move by the  Nats to block the view of the Capitol and Washington Monument. 

Unfortunately, money talks. Go to Tulum, 30 years ago these incredible Mayan ruins overlooking one of the most beautiful beaches in the world were untouched, and now all you see are these huge hotels.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

The comment that impressed me the most is when he said he is going to be hands off. And that he's not a Baseball expert. How many Billionaires do you think have that kind of foresight and humility?

I've been listening to his podcast, he really respects the expertise of others, doesn't sound ego driven at all.  I think he'll be an amazing owner. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

The comment that impressed me the most is when he said he is going to be hands off. And that he's not a Baseball expert. How many Billionaires do you think have that kind of foresight and humility?

Not all billionaires are as emotionally needy as the ones who we see constantly putting themselves in the limelight. Plenty of them are savvy/wise enough to know where their strengths and weaknesses are, and build organizations accordingly. Rubenstein’s initial comments and professional track record would suggest that’s the case with him. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Sanfran327 said:

Easily the best birthday gift I could have ever gotten.

Happy Birthday!

I agree this is great. I'm actually in a bit of denial and it hasn't really hit me yet. But I've been waiting for this for a long time.

Reading David's statements, I like that he seems to be very self aware and humble in what he does or does not understand. Money, finance, and business is his expertise and he knows to leave baseball operations to the baseball experts. I like that.  I'm sure as things go along, David will also increase in knowledge about the baseball side of things thanks to the help of his new front office, led by Mike Elias.

Congratulations to David on completing what can only be considered an historically great day for the Baltimore Orioles. 

Our hopes have not been this high in decades.  May you fulfill your pledges and exceed our your goals and our dreams. 

And thank you to John Angelo’s for his part in putting the Orioles in its current state.