2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

13 minutes ago, Philip said:

This appears to be the “surrender“ lineup. I think it was Earl Weaver who said that the secret of managing was to put players in their best position for success(?) and O’Hearn in RF is not that.

There’s no reason to sit Westburg, either.

The only player who isn't a usual starter (now that Holliday is gone) is Mateo, who is hitting .720 with good defense. Sitting Westburg once after he has played a lot is not surrender.

I agree O'Hearn in RF is not ideal but if they want to get Santander a DH day your other choice would be to bench Mountcastle. We have a solid bench and Sigbot is going to use it over 162 games. 

7 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

Why didn't Hyde put Santander in RF and O'Hearn as DH? Why does Hyde like to rest so many on Sunday?  We are facing a pitcher with a 2.03 ERA, that we needs the bats!!

I'm not following your argument. If you want bats, O'Hearn or Santander at DH gets Mountcastle in the lineup. They put Santander at DH likely because he is more in need of rest. 

21 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

The only player who isn't a usual starter (now that Holliday is gone) is Mateo, who is hitting .720 with good defense. Sitting Westburg once after he has played a lot is not surrender.

I agree O'Hearn in RF is not ideal but if they want to get Santander a DH day your other choice would be to bench Mountcastle. We have a solid bench and Sigbot is going to use it over 162 games. 

Please do not spoil my rage with logic

2 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Right now Kjerstad is a very highly pedigreed Jim Dwyer for the bottom of lineup guys if Hyde needs a blast late.

This hour he can know fair chance his day might come down to "go hit Mason Miller, son" around 330.

The veterans have been chosen on a rolling 5-day basis to defend the AL East championship.    Keep practicing those skills, kids.

If it comes down to that, we are probably in a lot of trouble. Mason Miller is that good.

2 minutes ago, DenPA2002 said:

I want to see Kjerstad in the line up tonight. Like others have said, why is he on the roster?

Would only happen w/ day off for Mountcastle or Santander, which is unlikely. Santander has been terrible batting LH this season, but will still be firmly secured in the heart of the order.