2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

28 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I asked him to do it so I could reference it when folks talk about how important defense is to the FO.

I’m pretty sick of that trope.  A team can value defense and yet not put its best defensive lineup on the field every single night, just like they don’t have their best offensive alignment out there every single night.  We’re in our 40th game and O’Hearn has made 4 starts in the outfield.  That hardly demonstrates that defense isn’t important to the O’s.  What it does demonstrate, IMO, is that the O’s want some positional flexibility on their team.  

• Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I asked him to do it so I could reference it when folks talk about how important defense is to the FO.

He looked fine out there watching all the balls crushed over his head that he had no chance to get to heh.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

At this point, what other manager doesn't sit a comatose Mullins? Unreal. 

Put Cowser in center and get Stowers in left. 

Cowser has started just three games in center. 

I don't think they trust him much out there and let's not forget, he hasn't been hitting either. 

4 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I know everyone is still on the hate Hays bandwagon, but if he's off the IL, he should play.  He can't be much worse than Cowser has been lately and defense would be better. 

They don’t want him playing on a wet field tonight most likely.  

15 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

They don’t want him playing on a wet field tonight most likely.  

Mullins can't hit and his backup is injury prone and can only play in ideal weather.  Mullins has his own injury history.  What could go wrong.