2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

8 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

I guess we have a 2 man bench tonight.

Yeah I guess they are doing this weird thing again where they indulge Hays and his desire to not go on IL. A banged up Hays is nearly useless, I don't understand why they continue to do this.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, EdwinRip said:

We can’t afford to lose Hays right now.  He’s almost put up -1 War.  The law of averages says he will be much better soon.

I know you're joking, but Jim Hunter wouldn't be. 

2 hours ago, interloper said:

No lineup yet, but here's something I'd like to see vs LHP (assuming no Hays due to injury):

Westburg - 3B
Gunnar - SS
Adley - DH
Mounty - 1B
Santander - RF
Mullins - CF
McCann - C (he's been pretty hot, and split up the lefties here)
Cowser - LF 
Mateo - 2B

I've mentioned that a couple of times. I'd really like to see Westburg  reach base to open up the right side of the infield for Gunnar batting behind him. 

Just now, KojiSplit said:

Austin Hays is on the 10 day DL retroactive to Sunday and it was a scheduled day off for Mounty.

Can’t post links; my 2mins of free time are up as busy with family.

No. Mountcastle has a sore knee.

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Still don’t really understand what happened in the Schanuel thing.  

Guy had a hit streak, Mountcastle challenged a call that resulted in the streak ending.

I guess a certain type of pitcher might decide that is worth throwing at him?

9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Still don’t really understand what happened in the Schanuel thing.  

Schanuel had started his career by getting on base, by hit or walk, in the first 30 MLB games he played covering last year and into this year.

He got on in the 9th inning of the O's blowout win in the 2nd game of the season (Saturday March 30), when he hit a grounder to Mountcastle, who made a diving play and tossed to Baumann, who dropped it.   It was ruled an infield hit.   The streak was now up to 31.

He would get a hit in the next 5 games, which would have made the streak 36, 3rd longest in MLB history to start a career.

Apparently it was reviewed overnight and the next day MLB changed the ruling to an error on Baumann.

Now I guess someone in this thread implied that Mountcastle asked for the review???   Can a player even do that?   And why would he ask for it.   I could see Baumann asking for it (he'd rather have an error on his record than a hit allowed).

So that part doesn't make sense, but those are the facts of the matter.

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Schanuel had started his career by getting on base, by hit or walk, in the first 30 MLB games he played covering last year and into this year.

He got on in the 9th inning of the O's blowout win in the 2nd game of the season (Saturday March 30), when he hit a grounder to Mountcastle, who made a diving play and tossed to Baumann, who dropped it.   It was ruled an infield hit.   The streak was now up to 31.

He would get a hit in the next 5 games, which would have made the streak 36, 3rd longest in MLB history to start a career.

Apparently it was reviewed overnight and the next day MLB changed the ruling to an error on Baumann.

Now I guess someone in this thread implied that Mountcastle asked for the review???   Can a player even do that?   And why would he ask for it.   I could see Baumann asking for it (he'd rather have an error on his record than a hit allowed).

So that part doesn't make sense, but those are the facts of the matter.

Yeah, I don’t get why they think/or he would ask for a review. Doesn’t make sense.