2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

17 minutes ago, survivedc said:

I’m a little surprised Tony is in the field today, looked dinged up towards the end of the game yesterday getting up slowly from both his slide into second and his diving catch. 

That's probably just Tony Tates. He's that guy that gives 100% until the moment he doesn't have to anymore and then he goes into straight meander mode. He is a man that will take his time when he can; my guess is he enjoys laying down for a second after the dives and slides if the play is over.

4 hours ago, Bemorewins said:

I mean Irvin will be on the mound… So there’s that.

Hopefully, it will be one of those days in sports where everything is pointing one way and then for whatever reason they go another.

My gut feeling was wrong once again! I’m thankful I’m not a betting man

No lineup yet, but here's something I'd like to see vs LHP (assuming no Hays due to injury):

Westburg - 3B
Gunnar - SS
Adley - DH
Mounty - 1B
Santander - RF
Mullins - CF
McCann - C (he's been pretty hot, and split up the lefties here)
Cowser - LF 
Mateo - 2B

Edited by interloper

Ugh, I don’t like Urias playing 1B. It's an angle off the bat that he's not comfortable with or as solid playing. Most of his fielding mistakes in 2023 were when they had him playing 1B. To be honest I think Santander showed last season that he was probably more capable on that base.

4 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

Urias at first?  That's....interesting....

He played it last year, and did well.  So, it's not that interesting.  But batting 5th?  Not loving that.  It's like Mounty was in the lineup originally, and Hyde lost his eraser or was too lazy to re-do the lineup card and bat Urias lower.  "Umm, I'll just put him in here....."

Or, Urias somehow has some stats against Detmers that I'm not aware of.....but Sigbot is.

5 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Ugh, I don’t like Urias playing 1B. It's an angle off the bat that he's not comfortable with or as solid playing. Most of his fielding mistakes in 2023 were when they had him playing 1B. To be honest I think Santander showed last season that he was probably more capable on that base.

I love you man, but Urias made all of his errors at 3B last season, and none while playing first base.  What fieldling mistakes were you referring to, or was this just a gut reaction?  Would you rather Santander at First and Urias in RF? 

12 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Hays was def nursing an injury that was mentioned after the game yesterday. Hadn’t heard anything about Mounty though. 

I know Hays was sick, but has he also picked up an injury? With the Orioles depth why not put Hays on the 10 Day IL. 

Edit: it’s a calf injury as mentioned on this thread . 

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s