Orioles attendance 2024

16 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I don't. But I do think with large increases to ticket prices you are going have a segment of fans that will go to less games. 

I don't think the Orioles really care. If you can get 25,000 people averaging $60 ($1,500,000) a ticket you are going to make more than 30,000 averaging $40 a ticket ($1,200,000). 

I'm sure the Orioles have done studies to determine how they can make the most from ticket sales and concessions. I don't think for two seconds they care about fans complaining about ticket prices because they've kinda have understanding of about how many people will be there in a season.

The Orioles very well could draw more than this year with great weather, promotions, and a team that isn't as ridiculously bad/unclutch as they've been since late June.

An offseason where they actually sign/resign/acquire a TOR would also help as well as a true MOO. But that's a discussion for another thread.

They aren’t increasing all the ticket prices. They are increasing between the bases/premium tickets. The people buying those don’t care about increases in pricing. 

17 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

An offseason where they actually sign/resign/acquire a TOR would also help as well as a true MOO. But that's a discussion for another thread.

Wait isn't Cowser already under team control for 2025?   😉

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

How do you know it will be less people?

Increase in prices coupled with a dramatic drop off in performance isn’t a recipe for success. Now, if they make it to the playoff and make a deep run? That’ll do wonders.

Winning fuels attendance. But if you don’t win, people aren’t excited to renew season tickets. And that’s what drives most attendance.

Believe it or not, team spending doesn’t have a material impact on attendance. It has a pretty low correlation coefficient. Now, if they went and added true impact, elite players like an Ohtani that could drive new markets? Sure. But otherwise, spending doesn’t help much.

Just win. That’s it.

They aren’t increasing all the ticket prices. They are increasing between the bases/premium tickets. The people buying those don’t care about increases in pricing. 

They are increasing prices for 2/3 of all seats. They’re reducing benefits and in some circumstances reducing flexibility, too.

Yes, people care about price increases. These aren’t even close to only being premium tickets or whatever that means.

I don't agree with that statement. Either way, I guess we'll see. I'm sure the Orioles will do whatever it takes to make the most money they can. Whether that is raising tickets, concessions, parking or whatever, they don't really care about the attendance number as long as profit margin increases. 

I have a 29-game plan in the upper box and my plan price increased by exactly 20 percent for next season. Incidentally, the marked ticket price barely went up, but they raised the fees by $150. When fans noted this, they said that the fees were for the city and state amusement taxes, which have always existed, but had previously been built into the ticket price. So the ticket price itself is pretty much the same, but the cost to the customer increases 20 percent. This is how they are arguing that the aren't raising ticket prices, it is an extremely rudimentary sleight of hand.

11 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

I have a 29-game plan in the upper box and my plan price increased by exactly 20 percent for next season. Incidentally, the marked ticket price barely went up, but they raised the fees by $150. When fans noted this, they said that the fees were for the city and state amusement taxes, which have always existed, but had previously been built into the ticket price. So the ticket price itself is pretty much the same, but the cost to the customer increases 20 percent. This is how they are arguing that the aren't raising ticket prices, it is an extremely rudimentary sleight of hand.

The new owner did say he didn't buy the team to lose money.