April 1 vs The Royals

6 minutes ago, TopGunnar said:

That Hays/Mullins stack is putrid 

Yeah aside from the HR from Mullins, nearly all of Hays + Mullins ABs this year have looked pretty bad, swings and non swings. 

Just had to come on here and say that was a SH!T pith call by Rutschman. Everyone, and I mean everyone knew he was going to throw a cutter on 1-2. 

Why? Why? Perpez swings at everything and if he guessing right, he's going to tattoo you. 

So what does Rutschman do? Call the EXACPT pitch everyone expected including Perez.

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• The very concept is baffling  You are supposed to hit a round ball with an oblong bat and hit it Square.  That is very hard to do  No wonder only a very small % of people on the planet can do it very good.
    • I know the Brewers are in 1st, but I wonder if they'd be interested in trading Devin Williams if it was primarily MLB pieces being swapped. Looking at their roster, I feel they could use an OF and maybe a 1B/DH lefty bat.  When the time comes, I wonder if something built around around Williams for Ohearn, Santander could come into play? Depends on performance and need closer to All Star Break.  If Milwaukee thinks they can make a run and Williams was healthy, Id probably not trade him
    • I have long said that baseball is the ultimate reality show because you just never know what will happen, what personalities will emerge, what fresh talent will shine through.    Very curious to see the show Netflix is doing with the Red Sox this year. I don’t think it will be the last of its kind because behind the scenes of a MLB team for a season is endless drama. 
    • And it really goes hand in hand. He is hanging in there more this year in ABs, getting into deeper counts so he gets a chance to hit some mistakes. That AB last night was the perfect example of it. If my memory serves he laid off one, and fouled off one prior to the hanger.
    • He is having a better year statistically. He doesn’t have a better arm. 
    • One thing I love about baseball is its constant capacity to surprise you.   I feel like in other sports, players kind of are who they are.   You don’t see basketball players score 15 points per game one year and 27 the next, dropping back to 21 the following year.  You don’t see healthy wide receivers go from 60 catches to 100, then back to 70.   Hockey players don’t score 25 goals one season and 50 the next, then 35.    But in baseball, crazy fluctuation and guys coming out of nowhere is kind of par for the course.  Sure, there are some players who are very consistent from year to year, but it feels like team success is built largely on having several guys suddenly have career years, or players popping out of nowhere.    For the Orioles, nobody had Mateo doing what he’s doing.  Maybe 5% of fans (if that) could have even told you that Albert Suarez was on our roster when spring training started.  By the same token, I’m sure nobody foresaw Hays and Mullins being as awful as they’ve been.   Watching Tampa, last year a whole bunch of their hitters had career years.  This year, most of those same guys are crapping the bed.  But will it continue?  Stay tuned! Anyway, I love the unpredictable nature of the game and can’t wait to see what will happen next.    
  • Popular Contributors