If you could have your own walk up song...

Jagwar

Eddie Money set right at the "Take me Home tonight" part.  Then you take them deep.

Nolan Reimold used to love "California Love" by Tupac.  The beat was very cool for a walk up song.

Not the greatest guy, but his music could stir the passions:

Wagner: Descent Into Nibelheim

That is, if I was any good. I liked Rivera's song, but this is way better.

A few honorable mentions: Conquistador by Procol Harum.

Also Ride of the Valkyries. Maybe if I was good and was stepping up to the plate with 2 out, bases loaded, and down by a few in the bottom of the ninth. Change it up a little, you know.

On 4/3/2024 at 11:42 PM, Chavez Ravine said:

Love this tune. I was a fan of the earlier 1980 version on her Happy Woman Blues album on the Smithsonian label. The Car Wheels version took me awhile to get used to, but then it became my go-to as I don't know where there earlier CD is now! 

I met her in '91 at a music festival in Asheville and there were only about 10 people there to see her on her stage. Everyone was watching a (then) bigger act at another stage. But I'd loved her self-titled '88 record so much that I had too see her. Was only her and Gurf Morlix. Lucinda and I exchanged addresses and we wrote each other the next year. The letter started as a form letter, but she added a personal bit at the bottom. The next album was "Sweet Old World" and still didn't get her over the hump to what she deserved. It was a long road to get to be a "name", but glad she finally did get the audience she'd sought. 

dvO2Skf.jpeg

Edited by NashLumber
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, NashLumber said:

Love this tune. I was a fan of the earlier 1980 version on her Happy Woman Blues album on the Smithsonian label. The Car Wheels version took me awhile to get used to, but then it became my go-to as I don't know where there earlier CD is now! 

I met her in '91 at a music festival in Asheville and there were only about 10 people there to see her on her stage. Everyone was watching a (then) bigger act at another stage. But I'd loved her self-titled '88 record so much that I had too see her. Was only her and Gurf Morlix. Lucinda and I exchanged addresses and we wrote each other the next year. The letter started as a form letter, but she added a personal bit at the bottom. The next album was "Sweet Old World" and still didn't get her over the hump to what she deserved. It was a long road to get to be a "name", but glad she finally did get the audience she'd sought. 

dvO2Skf.jpeg

This is awesome. Congrats even if it was almost as long ago as the Orioles in the WS. 

• Thanks 1