Ramon Urias 2024

DirtyBird

4 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Urias has been solid on offense since May, but he's no longer a GG caliber at 3B and this hurts on a team that has multiple holes on defense. Urias does have value though and has been a capable performer with Westburg being injured.

He has a 773 OPS and 121 wRC+ since April 15.

Really, his first few weeks were brutal. His first 25 at bats, he had a wRC+ of 5 and a 367 OPS.

He has been solid since that tough start.

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TommyPickles said:

Ramon Urias and Albert Suarez have quietly kept this team in the division race since the break.

Absolutely. Many- including me- didn't want anything to do with those two in the starting lineup/rotation but they have stepped up BIG time. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sydnor said:

Urias now has a wRC+ of 113 for the season. That is greater than the wRC+ for Adley (111) and Mountcastle (106) among others. 

This is super sad, but good for Ramon. Happy for him. He should absolutely be batting 2nd over Adley.

Edited by interloper

I don't think he's a liability on defense at 3B. He's nowhere near Gold Glove caliber, but he's OK. I haven't seen enough (or, maybe, paid enough attention) to have an opinion of his defense at 2B.

As I'm sure everyone has noticed, the loss of Mateo and Westburg has reduced greatly the team's infield versatility, and Mayo doesn't add to that versatility. Elias and Hyde prize versatility, which enables Hyde to substitute/pinch hit for a platoon advantage without hurting the defense. I guess that's why Rivera and Soto are taking up roster spots. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I think I might bet the UNDER on 0.5 rehab games.

Norfolk already rained out tonight and probably looking at some days of muddy infields.

Let's go. Get him back in the lineup. Urias/Rivera vs LHP, Soto/Urias vs RHP could almost be an acceptable playoff team infield.