4/9 @ Boston

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Just now, Mooreisbetter27 said:

It’s so weird that the guy who couldn’t get resigned by the worst team in the league can’t hit for us!

Hit?  Nah.  He's being paid to field and be a "positive clubhouse presence" for a month and half while we manipulate Holliday's service time. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Ripken said:

Tony Kemp being on this roster is a disgrace.

Who would you replace him with? The number 1 overall prospect? A top 30 prospect in Mayo? A top 80 prospect in Norby? All at triple A and hitting. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Hey what do you know, maybe Cowser wasn't such a bum that some people believed after last season's MLB time. Amazing what regular playing time can do as well. 

His playing time has been sporadic at best this year.  He hasn’t played a full 9 innings yet.  Would love to see him get more opportunities.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• It's in our hands, after all (three of the next four, anyway).
    • It's rather ironic that in the biggest series, we pitch our preseason 7-8-9 starters against the Skankees. So far so good with our deep depth in the rotation. What a coup it would be to take the series that way!
    • Gotta beat the best if you want to be the best. Hoping for a series win but it’s a hard series to predict considering they’re so evenly matched. 
    • I'm completely fine with Irvin and Kremer as numbers 4 and 5, but not so much as 3 and 4, Suarez and Povich are great as depth and stopgaps for the next few weeks.  A #3 starter is a clear need if Bradish is gone for the rest of the year.  Fortunately there's enough time before the trade deadline figure that out, but I'm not optimistic about his prospects.  It's a pipe dream to think that the O's are in the driver's seat at the moment, so personally, I'm looking for the best starter I can find that doesn't cost Holliday, Mayo and Basallo at the MiL level and Westburg, Henderson, Rodriguez, Cowser and Rutchman at the ML level. Being a player in the post season is going to be expensive, but the future for the O's is now and it's no secret.
    • Provided the O's win tomorrow and even better if the Yankees lose tomorrow, the O's will be within range of the division lead. The players are focused on tomorrow's game, but I figured I would take a look ahead at the series. The good:  O's don't have to face Gil or Rodon.  Gil pitched Friday, but Gil seems to have been given extra rest or Yankees are going to 6 man rotation?  O's offense has been resurgent lately and the coldest bats in May are some of the hottest like Santander and Urias and Hays(maybe?).  Gunnar and Adley continue to dependable cogs of the offense. The bad:  Judge has just been mashing the ball since the O's/Yankees early season meeting.  Soto is healthy after the forearm soreness.  Some guy the Yankees signed as a depth move, Cody Poteet, who had a 19-39 minor league record, now has a ERA barely over 2 in limited action.  Poteet is Tuesday's starter.  Cole had 10 K's in 4 1/3 innings in his last rehab start and is likely Wednesday's starter.  Yankees barely have any injuries. The ugly:  The state of the O's bullpen compared to the teams' first meeting.  Danny Coulombe, maybe our best reliever was a huge loss.  Not having Bradish for Thursday game is huge.  Winning 2 of 3 would be great.  Realistically, I would be happy if the O's don't get swept. Tuesday:   Suarez (3-0, 1.61 ERA)  vs Poteet (3-0, 2.14 ERA) Wednesday:  Povich (0-1, 4,76 ERA) vs Undecided (Cole?) 0-0 Thursday:  Irvin (6-3, 3.03 ERA) vs Cortes (3-5, 3.59 ERA)
    • This would be a perfect time for the NYY to go on a nice losing streak...
    • 1) Jack flaherty had like 5 or 6 good starts in a row before we traded for him. His overall era wasn’t great, but the month or so before he had been pitching much better.    2) whip plays a bit better as a reliever if it’s walks and high k rate when they are less worried about managing pitch count over 5+ innings. It’s not ideal but it plays better out of the pen (see dl hall) 3) Burnes is a top 5 pitcher in baseball, and we got him for a full season. Tanner Scott is nowhere near a top 5 reliever and we’d probably get him for 2 months.    if we got Scott for a package like what we gave up for flaherty or a bit better, I’m fine with it. Norby if we are convinced that is the reliever that gets us over the hump. But I’m not sure Scott is that guy, or that we are one reliever away (especially if bradish is out). 
  • Popular Contributors