4/12 vs. Brewers: Holiday’s Home Debut

ArtVanDelay

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

Its kind of funny but I would not doubt if Ortiz has a better year than Holliday.  Of course its not likely to have a better career but this season I can see it.

He's gonna be like that one dude we cut last year and went to the Yankees. Had one good game against us, then sucked. :D

Just now, EddeeEddee said:

Well, Joey Ortiz is making sure we notice him.  He's got better numbers than Gunnar, Westburg or Adley so far this year.  But not Cowser thank goodness.

Ortiz had 20 AB's this whole year. It's not hard to look better than guys with 3x the ABs in that sample.

Just now, Gurgi said:

Its kind of funny but I would not doubt if Ortiz has a better year than Holliday.  Of course its not likely to have a better career but this season I can see it.

Ortiz did get about 15 games and 33 AB game last year, so he got his jitters out, etc. and there's no huge spotlight on him. Jackson probably would love to be out of the range of the spotlight like Ortiz. 

9 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Don’t know why you are taking offense.  No offense intended.  A shallow pop over IF’s head happened in first inning.  Gunnar called it immediately.  Mullins came sprinting in the entire time.  Gunnar missed it and Mullins slid in at last second and made the play.  I pointed it out because it is the exact thing I’d expect an OF to do in that situation and it reminded me of the play two days ago in question.  Would Mullins have made the play two days ago? Maybe not.  But he never put himself in the position to potentially make it.  Tonight he did and he did.  I wonder if he played the ball better tonight because of his mental lapse earlier on the week? 

So you’re saying Mullins called for the ball way before he got into his slide and called Henderson off the ball?   I’ll take a look when I can.