Walks

emmett16

The Orioles have walked the fewest batters so far in 2024.  In a world of HRs and 3 outcomes, eliminating the Base on Balls is a viable strategy that we are seeing play out.  It started in 2022 (443 BB 2.8 BB9 and continued in 2023 (473BB 2.9 BB9)  both years finishing 7th in MLB.  We now sit at #1 on the season.  If you are going to pitch for this team, you better not give out free passes. 

Just now, dystopia said:

We're winning and scoring a boatload of runs, who cares.

I sure don't! Don't misread my OP. I was merely taking the board temperature on it after hearing the stat. Clearly whatever they're doing is working. :)

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

I sure don't! Don't misread my OP. I was merely taking the board temperature on it after hearing the stat. Clearly whatever they're doing is working. :)

I was just pointing out to OP that there was already a thread about it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, EddeeEddee said:

So they're best in the league at preventing walks and worst in the league at drawing them.  I guess nobody walks in Baltimore.

It makes the games go faster, so I like that tradeoff.  

Enos and Brit were talking about Lindor's slow start recently.  As part of the discussion Enos said that players tend to swing less in the first month and pitchers can rake advantage of that.  I wonder if the Sigbot is arbitraging that with more aggressive PAs?