2024 Gameball Thread

Aristotelian

5/19 6-3 vs SEA: Lots of options today. Burnes had a nice start, completing 6 IP with 11 K's, Mullins busted out of his slump with two hits and a big insurance run RBI, Cowser had three hits and a diving catch. Gameball has to go to Gunnar for that barehand grab and turn double play, plus the leadoff homer (third straight game with a homer), single/SB, and a nice unassisted DP. Fantastic all around game by our Dawg for a second straight gameball.

Gunnar now has the team lead by my count with three gameballs.

5/23, 8-6 win @ White Sox. Team effort on offense. Mountcastle had four hits, but my gameball goes to Mateo for the Weaver Special to break open the game. Worked a nice walk spitting on a 3-2 cutter and added another walk and 2 SB's.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

Lol, I actually think it was a good call. Kimbrel was about to nail it down anyway.

It definitely wasn’t a “good” call. Correct call, maybe. Good call? No.

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

There would already be a 20 page thread on OH if the Orioles lost a game on this very same "interference" call.

There would be, but they'd probably be blaming the player for bumping into the SS and not the ump.

5/24/2024 @ CWS, 6-4 win. Cowser literally got the gameball for the home run robbery on the final play but I'm giving it to Santander for grinding out a big walk and then scoring from first on Adley's clutch hit to get a key insurance run. 

7 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

5/24/2024 @ CWS, 6-4 win. Cowser literally got the gameball for the home run robbery on the final play but I'm giving it to Santander for grinding out a big walk and then scoring from first on Adley's clutch hit to get a key insurance run. 

Really?

5/25, 5-3 comeback win @ CWS. Santander and O'Hearn had big bombs to turn the game around, but my gameball goes to Tate. On a day the bullpen needed to cover five innings, Tate covered 2.1 innings himself. Fresh off his option assignment, he bailed Akin out of further trouble and was perfect with 4 K's. Dominant performance.

• Upvote 1