Promote Liz

DocJJ

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How aboot waiting till he throws more than 5 innings in a game.

And then trade him and RLo for Teixeira... and a prospect. :002_scool:

Considering the strict pitch count we are seeing for some of our young studs, I doubt we will see him go over 5 IP this year. At least not consistantly.

I saw him at the end of the season last year. The dude has POP!! Unbelievable how much smoke he had. I'd love to see him this year just to see the change from last year. From what I've read hear sounds like his BB are fewer and fewer. Looks like command was one of his big improvements since last year.

If Liz gets promoted to AA by June, he should be in position to get a long look in ST next season. That could mean having 4 young starters (Penn, Loewen, Johnson, Liz) with a shot at making the rotation, with likely two spots available.

I've seen him in person twice. His stuff is amazingly good. His build is slender, though, so I'm worried he might be succeptible to injury.

His stuff/build remind me a bit of Pedro Martinez. Though Liz doesn't have that nasty changeup of Pedro's. I really think he's ready of Double A hitters. If he can succeed at Bowie, it might be interesting to see what he could do in a late September coffee-cup audition in the Big Leagues.

• 3 weeks later...
Promote Liz now!!!

What's the point of having him mow down single-A guys every 5th night? Time to see what he can do against real hitters.

It is clear that he has mastered this level, definitely time to see what he can do at AA. He might become part of the plan in Baltimore much sooner than it was expected heading into this year, when it was unsure if he would start the year in A- or A+. Now, if he spends the 3+ months in AA this season, he should be ready for at least a look in ST in 2007 and likely start next season in AAA. Heck, maybe he'll even get a September call-up.

I think you'll get your wish soon. I think it's getting to be about that time also.

What's the estimated arrival date for kid? 2008? Liz will be 23 years old in another month, maybe he'll be ready in 2007 at the age of 24?

Archived