Friday, April 26: Orioles return home to face Oakland

SteveA

3 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Could the LF have had Adley’s hit?

Not sure, but that's one of those hits that probably was more likely to be caught pre-walltimore due to different positioning.

• Upvote 1

Just now, OriolesMagic83 said:

Yeah, I can understand batting Cowser at the bottom of the lineup at the beginning of the year, but I think he's proved he can hit MLB pitching.  I would bat him no lower than 5th.

It's important to have guys who can get on base at the bottom of the order, otherwise the top of the order is always hitting with nobody on. To the point in the post you quoted, using the saying he has the highest OPS+ in baseball is a bit ridiculous in 60 AB. 

Over all the kid was decent.  Put him doing minor league games for half a decade and we can come back and see what has become of him.  His voice is clear.  He has no stutter or stammer.  Solid.

1 minute ago, Malike said:

It's important to have guys who can get on base at the bottom of the order, otherwise the top of the order is always hitting with nobody on. To the point in the post you quoted, using the saying he has the highest OPS+ in baseball is a bit ridiculous in 60 AB. 

Yeah I don't think anyone expects him to keep up anywhere near this pace.  He did have a high OBP throughout the minors and even walked quite a bit last year when he couldn't buy a hit during his call up.  I think eventually 3rd might be a good spot for him. 

3 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Bradish now 6 Kis in 5 innings,,,but he has given up 5 hits...maybe one or two more starts down there..but hes MUCH better tonight...

You watching the Tides on another screen?  How is his velo?  

Just now, OriolesMagic83 said:

Yeah I don't think anyone expects him to keep up anywhere near this pace.  He did have a high OBP throughout the minors and even walked quite a bit last year when he couldn't buy a hit during his call up.  I think eventually 3rd might be a good spot for him. 

It's just going to get to the point where we are like why is so and so batting 8th when everyone is tearing the cover off of the ball.

4 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Bradish now 6 Kis in 5 innings,,,but he has given up 5 hits...maybe one or two more starts down there..but hes MUCH better tonight...

He gave up a walk, 4 singles and a double. I'll take the 1.2 WHIP at this point.