Tuesday, April 30: Orioles vs Yankees

SteveA

Just now, SteveA said:

He got his stuff together well enough to get Judge out.  Way to go Dean!

Agreed. He kept Soto in the ballpark and got Judge out on a groundball for the second time. 

Just now, Philip said:

So, if Mullins is 1 for 19 against Cortes, why start him instead of someone else, like Heston?

Is it really that bad to throw a LH hitter against a LH pitcher?

Well Mullins is left handed too.  I thought they'd go with McKenna today, and go with Heston vs a righty in the bullpen or a starter later in the week.  I'm thinking they didn't like something they saw in Heston when he played last -- either at the plate or in the field.

4 minutes ago, Emory Eagle said:

Thanks for spelling it out Jim.

I guess would you prefer the in depth explanation or Kevin Brown’s emphasis and pause for applause. That could have been a KB joke for sure.

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

So, if Mullins is 1 for 19 against Cortes, why start him instead of someone else, like Heston?

Is it really that bad to throw a LH hitter against a LH pitcher?

Because he plays exceptional defense and it looks like it will be needed.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

For the life of me I cannot understand why our guys cannot make good contact against this Super Mario looking gasbag 

He may not have the same build, but he reminds me a lot of Sid Fernandez. His fastball sneaks up on you

• Upvote 1

Lol, CB Bucknor stared at Gunnar's head like he was contemplating a super late strike call, then figured, "eh, too late." It was clearly a ball, but it was a Bucknor Strike and he let Gunnar get away with it for a walk.

Adley gets a hit!