What happens next? Mayo debut or Holliday back up?

What happens next? Mayo debut or Holliday back up?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What happens next? Mayo debut or Holliday back up?

• Mayo debut
    • Holliday 2nd call up

17 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

That’s good because your opinion makes no sense.  If Mayo comes up and is good both ways that’s a good thing.  Period.   You’re more concerned with how it affects Hollidays career than whether it helps the team win this year.

And by the way, I answered your three pronged hypothetical on Mayo and gave multiple options on what might happen if Mayo was an all around above average 3B.  You seemed aghast at 1) Westburg being an everyday utility guy and 2) experimenting with Holliday in CF.    Easy to criticize but then when confronted with your own hypothetical your answer is “I don’t know”.  LOL.      That’s weak.

You seem awfully worked up about this. I’m sorry if I don’t have all the answers and don’t know everything. You can call that whatever you want.

Again, I respect your opinion and right to disagree with me. 

8 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

You seem awfully worked up about this. I’m sorry if I don’t have all the answers and don’t know everything. You can call that whatever you want.

9 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

As Roch would say, this is a good place to stop.

Mateo has been giving us what we need out of a utility player.  Westburg is playing a great 3B.  Urias is at least fielding great.  Mountcastle and O'Hearn aren't going anywhere with the way they have been hitting.  The O's have been playing great and I don't see now as the time to make changes. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Mateo has been giving us what we need out of a utility player.  Westburg is playing a great 3B.  Urias is at least fielding great.  Mountcastle and O'Hearn aren't going anywhere with the way they have been hitting.  The O's have been playing great and I don't see now as the time to make changes. 

I agree. Unless someone gets hurt we won't see a player called up soon. Plus Hays should be back shortly meaning someone has to go. It's between McKenna and Kjerstad for that distinction.

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s

3 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I agree. Unless someone gets hurt we won't see a player called up soon. Plus Hays should be back shortly meaning someone has to go. It's between McKenna and Kjerstad for that distinction.

Yep, Holliday is still scuffling a bit.  Mayo is going to have to kick down the door for him to push Westburg.  There have got to be teams out there looking to poach Norby.  Can’t imagine he is still here at the deadline.  

It’s funny that we always make such a big deal about service time and getting the extra year, and avoiding super two, but oddly the players closest to FA are the ones struggling on our team other than Burnes. Means, Santa, Hays, and Mullins.

If Mayo can play some 3B/RF then there is a role for him on this team to replace McKenna. When Hays is ready to come back we can reevaluate things to see who would go.

I’d like to see Mayo’s bat vs the LHP the next two games in the small park. 

16 hours ago, Say O! said:

IMO we will see a move by June 1st for either Holliday or Mayo (maybe both) as the O’s schedule June to all-Star break is tough as nails. 

I pity the teams that have to play us.  

• Upvote 1

I think this is a great debate subject and have learned a ton just from reading this thread.  My personal opinion is that I just don’t care on the Holliday front.  Even if he has to wait for September or next year, that’s ok with me.  I trust the club to do what is needed and best.

I don’t know much and am pretty ignorant overall.  I’m not saying this is right, correct or based in fact, but from what I saw, he didn’t seem close to ready.  The defense was not good enough and the swing had Swiss cheese like holes in it.  A bad strike call would ruin entire at bats.

I think he has a very bright future and is an awesome player, especially at his age, but he needs growth and maturity in all phases in my opinion.  

Posted (edited)

Here's my latest take on the order of emergence of our young stars:

Rutschman, Henderson, Westburg, Cowser, Kjerstad, Mayo, Holliday, Norby, Stowers

Biggest tossup is between Mayo and Holliday. Jackson got first shot and has a position waiting, so may have a leg up, but as of this morning I'm leaning Mayo (also bumping Norby ahead of Stowers).

Edited by now