Kyle Bradish 2024

RVAOsFan

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Not ending up with Cease was always a bad idea.

There’s still multiple good options out there. Kikuchi, Luzardo, and Fedde are all out there and I’m sure there’s some other options available as well that aren’t as well known if Elias is willing to spend. Would definitely be nice to have Cease right now though. We should certainly get a chance to see how good Elias thinks this team is based off how much he adds and how much he is willing to trade. 

2 minutes ago, accinfo said:

You still have Burnes, Grayson, Kremer, Irvin, Povich, and Suarez.  Kremer doesn’t get near enough respect here.  He throws in a stinker every so often but he usually gives you plenty of high quality starts.  Lets see what Povich can do now.  I love Kyle Bradish and when he is healthy he is one of the best starters in baseball but there is nothing we can do about it.  To say it ends our chances is just silly.  Give me two good bullpen arms from trades more than another starter.

I try to be optimistic and like Kremer but I just keep thinking about the absolute stinker he threw in game 3 of the playoffs last year. Hopefully Povich will help,  but I just don't see a rotation wo a Bradish level pitcher to go with Burnes and Rodriguez making it all that far.

1 minute ago, dtk9119 said:

I try to be optimistic and like Kremer but I just keep thinking about the absolute stinker he threw in game 3 of the playoffs last year. Hopefully Povich will help,  but I just don't see a rotation wo a Bradish level pitcher to go with Burnes and Rodriguez making it all that far.

So did Grayson but that was last year.  Now they both have that experience on their resume.  Anything can happen in one playoff game.  

• Upvote 1

We probably should have just bit the bullet and had him get his TJS/IBP out of the way before the season started. If we had, he would be ready to return by around this time next year, instead he will likely miss the entire 2025 season now. 

And of course the year when we lose 3 of our top 6 SPs to elbow injuries is the year that the SP trade market features a guy with his own history of elbow problems and who has never completed a full season as a SP as the top available option (Crochet).

AND we also need significant bullpen help.

What a ****ing nightmare. 

8 hours ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

Hays was talking like they know Bradish is seriously hurt.

It didn’t seem like he had inside information. It seemed equivalent to posters on this board talking like they know Bradish is seriously hurt. When a pitcher with a recently rehabbed UCL strain leaves a game early with elbow discomfort, it’s not a good sign. However, I think Hays comments simply reflect that reality and don’t imply incremental bad news beyond the facts already known.