The Nationals Series

Trevor Williams and Mitchell Parker both have held opposing batters to ZERO home runs in their first 50 innings of the year, and helped by that have shiny ERA's in the 2.25-2.50 range.

They go against Corbin Burnes and Kyle Bradish.

Parker rates pretty high on the anonymous left-handed starting pitcher scale.

Forecast looks like tomorrow an 80 degree day and Wednesday flirting with 90.

I'll guess the clean HR slate doesn't make it.

Luis Garcia looks very hot.   He and CJ Abrams do seem in good position to be some of Orioles middle infielders closer competition over the long term.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, thegardner said:

And the broadcast team looks terrible, probably watch the Nats feed.

how do you even know what the broadcast team is going to be?  That isn't something they usually announce.

If its Bob Carpenter on the Nats side, that is a definite no thanks from me.  That guy is awful.

13 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

how do you even know what the broadcast team is going to be?  That isn't something they usually announce.

If its Bob Carpenter on the Nats side, that is a definite no thanks from me.  That guy is awful.

KB mentioned during the game yesterday that he won't be in DC, so it's Melanie and Ben, such bad timing with a day off before and after the series.

5 minutes ago, thegardner said:

KB mentioned during the game yesterday that he won't be in DC, so it's Melanie and Ben, such bad timing with a day off before and after the series.

How do you know it's Melanie, and not Ben Wagner, Geoff Arnold, or Brett Hollander.

I was thinking of watching some of the Nats feed anyway, just to get their perspective on the O’s.  

This Nats team is plucky, a little like the 2022 O’s in the early going.   They can’t hit much but their pitching isn’t bad.  I don’t take this series for granted at all, though we’re the better team.   

Anyone going?  I’m thinking about getting some last minute tickets to the Wednesday game.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Just Regular said:

Trevor Williams and Mitchell Parker both have held opposing batters to ZERO home runs in their first 50 innings of the year, and helped by that have shiny ERA's in the 2.25-2.50 range.

They go against Corbin Burnes and Kyle Bradish.

Parker rates pretty high on the anonymous left-handed starting pitcher scale.

Forecast looks like tomorrow an 80 degree day and Wednesday flirting with 90.

I'll guess the clean HR slate doesn't make it.

Luis Garcia looks very hot.   He and CJ Abrams do seem in good position to be some of Orioles middle infielders closer competition over the long term.

Too bad that's not going to last against THE TEAM WITH THE MOST HR IN MLB! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Ric Flair Woo GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I was thinking of watching some of the Nats feed anyway, just to get their perspective on the O’s.  

This Nats team is plucky, a little like the 2022 O’s in the early going.   They can’t hit much but their pitching isn’t bad.  I don’t take this series for granted at all, though we’re the better team.   

Anyone going?  I’m thinking about getting some last minute tickets to the Wednesday game.  

I usually watch one game a series from the other teams broadcast. Barry Larkin was a fun listen yesterday. 

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Just moved back to Northern Virginia and haven't been able to get to Camden yet this year, so we're going on Wednesday.  It will be my wife's first game at Nats Park.

11 hours ago, Frobby said:

I plan on being there Wednesday as well and probably just use vividseats for tix.