Kjerstad's Defense

Jagwar

53 minutes ago, Frobby said:

He did let that one double get past his glove.  Tough play but I think it was makeable.  

Sure, I think it was but proximity to the wall was in play there.   I don’t think he extended as much as he could have.  Tough play.   I think he showed good range and hit the cutoff man every time.   Of course Cowser had another brain fart hesitating before throwing and allowing a DB to turn a single into a double.

• Upvote 1

He almost fell down picking another ball up. I'd much rather he play in RF if he's going to be in the field. I'd take Mullins with his zero-sum bat right now in CF and Cowser in LF.

5 hours ago, Jagwar said:

Now... if he could just barrel up a ball

Hard to do that when he's only allowed to start once every 4 or 5 games, or less. The way Elias and Hyde have handled Kjerstad's playing time has been terrible. He never should have been called up to rot on the bench. Westburg and Cowser were mishandled the same way, they both would have been much bigger contributors last season if they had been given everyday playing time instead of getting platooned/benched for significantly less talented veterans. 

• Upvote 2