Thursday, May 23: Orioles at White Sox

SteveA

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

OMG ...Unbelievable...this team is snake bitten...how did Mateo not score on that Adley drive?

He had to hold up in case Pham caught it... didn't want to repeat Cedric's mistake from yesterday.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Roy Firestone said:

OMG ...Unbelievable...this team is snake bitten...how did Mateo not score on that Adley drive?

He needed to tag up on 2 outs to ensure he didn't do what Mullins did yesterday. (Taking off to get doubled up on a fly ball out. )

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

Mateo should of scored, what a gaffe.  And were missing hangers right in the middle of the plate with men on.  Could easily be 3 runs now.  This team offense is all struggling and their baseball IQ these games is embarrassing.

17 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

I agree overall, but didn't Cowser just fly out to the warning track in the second inning? I know it's easy to miss, it's just an out. Certainly not a sign of them figuring out how to get actual results.

Yeah I meant to say over 100 MPH. Good to see Adley hitting one hard last inning. 

2 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

LOL. Bounced off the pitcher's glove and still a double play. Any other team would have put up 3+ runs in that inning, but nope, the O's could barely scratch across one.

Yeah. Second it hit his glove I was like yes. Maybe it gets thru, at least no double play …..

Just now, O's84 said:

Mateo should of scored, what a gaffe.  And were missing hangers right in the middle of the plate with men on.  Could easily be 3 runs now.  This team offense is all struggling and their baseball IQ these games is embarrassing.

RIdiculous take. The ball was off Phams glove. Did you see Cedric get doubled up? Say Mateo is rounding 3rd and Pham catches the ball. You and everyone else is screaming about how stupid he is. Say he went 3/4 and Pham caught the ball, then he goes back to 2nd and can't tag up and everyone here screams about how stupid they are. It's amazing how reactionary everyone is toward this team.

• Upvote 2