05/24 Roster Moves: Kremer to 15 Day IL and Heasley Optioned. Vespi and Tate Recalled.

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I’m think Suarez might get the start tomorrow.  He did throw 11 pitches on Wednesday, but they might go with him if they don’t want to make a roster move with Povich. 

He has pitched muitiple times recently although not for long. 

The only reason to me not to start Povich is if you want that 40 man spot open. It’s one game and also allows them to carry an extra pen arm vs Boston. One of Tate\Vespi go down tomorrow and another pen arm can be added Sunday for Povich. 

6 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

He has pitched muitiple times recently although not for long. 

The only reason to me not to start Povich is if you want that 40 man spot open. It’s one game and also allows them to carry an extra pen arm vs Boston. One of Tate\Vespi go down tomorrow and another pen arm can be added Sunday for Povich. 

Eh, Povich was almost certainly going to debut at some point this season regardless and we have a few chaff players on the 40 man like Ort and Heasley. I doubt they're worried about the 40 man.

2 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

Eh, Povich was almost certainly going to debut at some point this season regardless and we have a few chaff players on the 40 man like Ort and Heasley. I doubt they're worried about the 40 man.

Sure.

It’s just that in this sport, the rate of pitching injuries is so bad teams are trying to hoard as many arms as possible. Baumann would still be around if these pitching injuries happened a week ago. 

7 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Sure.

It’s just that in this sport, the rate of pitching injuries is so bad teams are trying to hoard as many arms as possible. Baumann would still be around if these pitching injuries happened a week ago. 

Probably. I'm still not crying about Baumann's release though. Guy's basically the definition of replacement-level reliever, though there is a small chance at some upside.

1 hour ago, glenn__davis said:

Yeah seriously doubt Povich is recalled. Elias does not alter the development plan due to injuries at the big league level.

I don't necessarily know that it would be altering the development plan.  Elias may be of the opinion that Povich is ready to start getting his feet wet at the ML level, but there had not been any room in the rotation to do so until now.

O's don't need 4 lefties in the pen.   Coulombe, Akin. Perez and Vespi.   I think it's Vespi down and Povich up for tomorrow's start.     Probably can't find a better team to debut against than the White Sox.

• Upvote 1

We have a full 40 man but Tyler Wells can easily go on 60 day dl to open a spot.  He is on 43 days already and just started light tossing.  The very best situation he could be ready after all star break which is another month and a half.  

1 minute ago, bpilktree said:

We have a full 40 man but Tyler Wells can easily go on 60 day dl to open a spot.  He is on 43 days already and just started light tossing.  The very best situation he could be ready after all star break which is another month and a half.  

It’s already at 39. You are right. They could make more room. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Suarez announced as Saturday starter.

I had a feeling it would be Suarez. I figured if it was Povich news would have broke about him not being with Norfolk for this evening's game. There's no way the Orioles ask Povich to take a flight tomorrow morning with a 1pm CST start time.

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s