05/24 Roster Moves: Kremer to 15 Day IL and Heasley Optioned. Vespi and Tate Recalled.

The baseball gods are getting even with us for last year, when our rotation was incredibly healthy.  We came into the spring with 7 rotation candidates for 5 spots.   Five of those have now spent time on the IL, including 3 right now.   We’ve already used 8 starters this year and tomorrow it may be 9 if Povich is recalled.   

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The baseball gods are getting even with us for last year, when our rotation was incredibly healthy.  We came into the spring with 7 rotation candidates for 5 spots.   Five of those have now spent time on the IL, including 3 right now.   We’ve already used 8 starters this year and tomorrow it may be 9 if Povich is recalled.   

I wonder who they boot from the 40 man if they bring Povich up. Oh I guess Baumann leaves us at 39?

Edited by Malike

Just now, glenn__davis said:

Yeah seriously doubt Povich is recalled. Elias does not alter the development plan due to injuries at the big league level.

Then will tomorrow be a bullpen game? I’d rather see what Povich can do. With tomorrow being a day game I’d suspect they would fly Povich out tonight if he’s going to make his debut.

I’m hoping we hear news that he’s on his way or Povich is missing from the Norfolk game tonight. 

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Then will tomorrow be a bullpen game? I’d rather see what Povich can do. With tomorrow being a day game I’d suspect they would fly Povich out tonight if he’s going to make his debut.

I’m hoping we hear news that he’s on his way or Povich is missing from the Norfolk game tonight. 

Povich does make sense. For a game. Then he goes back down for another pen arm. Keep in mind off day after Boston series as well. 

The timing of this is actually perfect. 4 games after Saturday and an off day. Depending on how Suarez is used can evaluate starters then. 

55 minutes ago, vab said:

Kremer and Means down in the last three days. Wells still down. Holding our breath with Bradish. No real closer. Mullins, Hays, Santander all struggling. This just might not be the year. Will be interesting to see if Elias is ready to really dip into the farm system to keep the wheels from falling off of this thing if it really starts going downhill. 

Yeah. Things do not look great honestly.

7 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Povich does make sense. For a game. Then he goes back down for another pen arm. Keep in mind off day after Boston series as well. 

The timing of this is actually perfect. 4 games after Saturday and an off day. Depending on how Suarez is used can evaluate starters then. 

I’m think Suarez might get the start tomorrow.  He did throw 11 pitches on Wednesday, but they might go with him if they don’t want to make a roster move with Povich. 

2 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Heasley?  What are the other choices.  He's cannon fodder.

BBREF showed us at 39, MLB shows us at 40 that's with Hunt added. I doubt they're going to add Povich right now, they wouldn't have optioned Heasley they would have released him I guess. Apparently, he's great in AAA.

22 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

Once again Elias will do anything to not promote young talent 

I will take Elias decision record over what people think on this board.  The Orioles won 101 games last year and on a pace to win 101 this year.  There are 2 rookies in the Oriole lineup everyday in Cowser and Westburg.  Henderson is in his second year.  

• Upvote 1