Sunday Afternoon May 26th: Orioles at White Sox going for the four game sweep. (Start of game to be delayed by rain)

Just now, Dunk35 said:

Just commenting that going firward in this game we are going to have to work the counts. Something we are not good at. And of course Georgie swings first pitch groundout. 

I'm not in favor of taking pitches just to take pitches and then falling behind.

That's the type of stuff I did in Little League hoping to get walked.

Mateo not helping with the first pitch ground out.

Seriously guys, pick a pitch type and a quarter-sized spot in the zone, and don't swing at the first pitch unless it's exactly that pitch, and right there.  

I laundered one of my favorite Os shirts without thinking last week, and the embroidered logo was nearly completely washed out.

Reassured to see the Mother’s Day cap logos are equally so. I can just use that as a ruse now. 

5 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Bradish and Crochet...like a battle of the bands for baseball...im hoping we can have some long at bats...Crochet is the best pitcher we've faced so far this year...

C'mon man, be realistic.  He's a good pitcher on the worst team in baseball. 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm not in favor of taking pitches just to take pitches and then falling behind.

That's the type of stuff I did in Little League hoping to get walked.

Well we obviously dont have a chance of hitting this guy so maybe try something non-conventional? 

1 minute ago, Morgan423 said:

Mateo not helping with the first pitch ground out.

Seriously guys, pick a pitch type and a quarter-sized spot in the zone, and don't swing at the first pitch unless it's exactly that pitch, and right there.  

Why?   Haven't most of his first pitches been strikes?   You are basically advocating a strategy  that most batters should fall behind in the count.

Sometimes a guy with great stuff can also be crazy wild and you probably want to be super selective on the first pitch.   But this guy isn't that, so far.

I'll go out on a limb and say we do better against him 2nd time through the order.

• Upvote 1