The 2024 Trade Deadline

35 minutes ago, Birdland in NC said:

I hope Norby, Mayo, and Kjersted are traded for pitching, even if it’s prospects 

Norby and maybe even Kjerstad,  sure.   Trading Mayo shouldn't considered really,  unless the return is something outlandish.

8 hours ago, Birdland in NC said:

I hope Norby, Mayo, and Kjersted are traded for pitching, even if it’s prospects 

What is this constant obsession with pitching?   The team has the 3rd best ERA in the AL.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

What is this constant obsession with pitching?   The team has the 3rd best ERA in the AL.

I think the obsession is that some players like Irvin, Suarez will come back to earth. What was our pitching rank last year before the postseason debacle? I think the eye test says we have a good rotation with a good bullpen. Nothing elite. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

I think the obsession is that some players like Irvin, Suarez will come back to earth. What was our pitching rank last year before the postseason debacle? I think the eye test says we have a good rotation with a good bullpen. Nothing elite. 

Did the Rangers have elite pitching last year?

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

From CBS Sports' R.J. Anderson, May 31, 2024 at 5:44 pm ET: 10 potential trade candidates for Baltimore after losing John Means, Tyler Wells

1. Jesús Luzardo, LHP, Miami Marlins
  2. Paul Blackburn, RHP, Oakland Athletics
  3. Tyler Anderson, LHP, Los Angeles Angels
  4. Erick Fedde, RHP, Chicago White Sox
  5. Nick Martinez, RHP, Cincinnati Reds
  6. Austin Gomber, LHP, Colorado Rockies
  7. Cal Quantrill, RHP, Colorado Rockies
  8. Reid Detmers, LHP, Los Angeles Angels
  9. Braxton Garrett, LHP, Miami Marlins
  10. Garrett Crochet, LHP, Chicago White Sox
Edited by Greg Pappas
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

From CBS Sports' R.J. Anderson, May 31, 2024 at 5:44 pm ET: 10 potential trade candidates for Baltimore after losing John Means, Tyler Wells

1. Jesús Luzardo, LHP, Miami Marlins
  2. Paul Blackburn, RHP, Oakland Athletics
  3. Tyler Anderson, LHP, Los Angeles Angels
  4. Erick Fedde, RHP, Chicago White Sox
  5. Nick Martinez, RHP, Cincinnati Reds
  6. Austin Gomber, LHP, Colorado Rockies
  7. Cal Quantrill, RHP, Colorado Rockies
  8. Reid Detmers, LHP, Los Angeles Angels
  9. Braxton Garrett, LHP, Miami Marlins
  10. Garrett Crochet, LHP, Chicago White Sox

I would cross #1 and #2 off the list because Elias won’t pay the price.   Crochet is the one, if he can stay healthy, looks like he could make the biggest difference come October but a lot can happen between now and then.   Are any of these other guys sure to be better than Kremer and Irvin the rest of the year?

13 hours ago, forphase1 said:

Norby and maybe even Kjerstad,  sure.   Trading Mayo shouldn't considered really,  unless the return is something outlandish.

I think Jordan Westburg has shown he’s the guy at 3rd.   Mayo is a great prospect but not sure there’s a place on the O’s 

2 minutes ago, Birdland in NC said:

I think Jordan Westburg has shown he’s the guy at 3rd.   Mayo is a great prospect but not sure there’s a place on the O’s 

There is plenty of room if you include 1st base and the OF corners.  He may not stick at 3rd for various reasons,  but that bat will find him a spot somewhere.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

There is plenty of room if you include 1st base and the OF corners.  He may not stick at 3rd for various reasons,  but that bat will find him a spot somewhere.

Kjerstad hasn't proven he can play MLB OF yet.  I'm pretty sure he can hit MLB pitching, but he has to find a place too. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

Even DH if necessary.

• Upvote 1