The 2024 Trade Deadline

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I like Kjerstad, but if the A’s were fine with that proposal I’m making the trade. I can’t see the A’s agreeing without a pitcher added to that package. 

I'd say there is no chance the A's take that package, even with one of our pitchers.

15 minutes ago, Malike said:

MLBN is trash lol. Oakland would hang up so fast.

image.thumb.png.8316f28341d9655eba9a8434be594d06.png

Actually makes some sense vs. the ones suggesting Mayo or Basallo.  Why Oakland would trade Miller for a defensively limited corner OF/1B, I don't know.  They're like 3 years ago from having a new home.  I would want a big package with lots of prospects. 

What about a trade for Kirby Yates, the closer for the Rangers.  He's on a 1 year/ $4.5 mill deal, so the price wouldn't be exorbitant.  He's having a great season, 0.92 ERA, w/ a 0.92 WHIP and 1.79 FIP.  His 2 pitches are a 4 seam fastball and a splitter.  I have to admit I'm not familiar with him.  Good fit for the O's?

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Greg Pappas said:

As of today, would you trade Kjerstad for any of these three pitchers?

• *Garrett Crochet (25) White Sox (2.5 seasons) 
  • Mason Miller (25) A's (5.5 seasons)
  • *Tarik Skubal (27) Tigers (2.5 seasons)

Is there a realistically available pitcher not listed that you'd deal Kjerstad for?

All of them  although it would depend on what else is in the deal.

8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

If that’s the best deal they are offered and they say no, they are morons.

They are a team that isn't close to contention and have no idea where they are going to end up and when. If they want a 25 year old top 20 prospect and 26 year old AAAA guy for Miller that might make them the morons.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Greg Pappas said:

As of today, would you trade Kjerstad for any of these three pitchers?

• *Garrett Crochet (25) White Sox (2.5 seasons) 
  • Mason Miller (25) A's (5.5 seasons)
  • *Tarik Skubal (27) Tigers (2.5 seasons)

Is there a realistically available pitcher not listed that you'd deal Kjerstad for?

Yes to Crochet, absolutely not for Miller, yes to Skubal.

Skubal will require a haul, though.

27 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

What about a trade for Kirby Yates, the closer for the Rangers.  He's on a 1 year/ $4.5 mill deal, so the price wouldn't be exorbitant.  He's having a great season, 0.92 ERA, w/ a 0.92 WHIP and 1.79 FIP.  His 2 pitches are a 4 seam fastball and a splitter.  I have to admit I'm not familiar with him.  Good fit for the O's?

100% in on Kirby. Wouldn’t require much on the prospect front. And has some track record. 
That’ll require the Rangers to throw in the towel. Not sure they’re there, yet.

7 minutes ago, Malike said:

They are a team that isn't close to contention and have no idea where they are going to end up and when. If they want a 25 year old top 20 prospect and 26 year old AAAA guy for Miller that might make them the morons.

Your complete mischaracterization of Os players aside, Miller is likely nothing more than a 60-70 IP reliever with high arm injury potential. (Note: when I say nothing more, I mean that as I don’t think they convert him to a starter next year or even if they do, I think he’s a ticking time bomb)

I don’t care how old Kjerstad is, he’s a high end prospect that you control for 6 years and Stowers is an everyday OFer with big power potential.

Sure, in a perfect world you get younger talent and if so, that’s fine..but if they got offered that and that was the best deal on the table, they should make the deal.

FWIW, I think that deal would get beaten or they would get someone that maybe isn’t ranked as high as Kjerstad but someone younger and maybe more all around upside even if they come with a bigger risk.

Edited by Sports Guy

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Your complete mischaracterization of Os players aside, Miller is likely nothing more than a 60-70 IP reliever with high arm injury potential. (Note: when I say nothing more, I mean that as I don’t think they convert him to a starter next year or even if they do, I think he’s a ticking time bomb)

I don’t care how old Kjerstad is, he’s a high end prospect that you control for 6 years and Stowers is an everyday OFer with big power potential.

Sure, in a perfect world you get younger talent and if so, that’s fine..but if they got offered that and that was the best deal on the table, they should make the deal.

FWIW, I think that deal would get beaten or they would get someone that maybe isn’t ranked as high as Kjerstad but someone younger and maybe more all around upside even if they come with a bigger risk.

Lol.

4 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I actually think that is a pretty even trade...all things considered.

I get the years of control… but I don’t get the high price tags for a relief pitcher with 60 big league innings. I don’t know how that commands the #20 prospect …. Btw looking at MLBs top 100 I don’t see Kjerstad. We only have 3 top 100 and nothing after Mayo at #15.

***** Kjerstad must’ve dropped off the prospect list due to service time ****

Edited by Roll Tide