The 2024 Trade Deadline

7 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Elias said that Tampa would not trade Glasnow to the O's or anyone in the Division.    He seemed to say that is the norm in the AL EAST.  Call it stupid if you want but that is what Elias is dealing with.

Where did Seth Johnson come from? 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Fedde also has a track record of pitching 120+ innings a season where Suarez was out of MLB for the last seven years. Maybe Fedde reverts back to his pre-2024 numbers, but Suarez has no track record. Suarez has been a huge surprise, but he could fade in the second half as his innings pitched accumulate.

Suarez has proven is durability pitching over 160 innings that last two years.

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

You know better than that.   Cowser is having trouble hitting in the MLB.  Mullins is on the team for defense and will be lucky to have a 721 OPS this year.   

Santander will hit 30 this year in a pennant race.   Kjerstad will hit 30+ in the future.  The O's are trying to win this year.

LOL ok...and btw, you missed the point of my post anyway.

3 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Yea.  I've never been a Fedde fan but a quick glance at their statcast pages side by side is pretty eye opening.  Especially the 106ip/94k vs. 65ip/51k.  I think Suarez could thrive in the bullpen.  l don't think he's the shut down guy we need, but he's a significant upgrade over our low leverage BP arms and can cover a bunch of innings if need be.  I guess I'm slightly intrigued by Fedde now after going through is savant #s.  

Im warming to him a little but I still worry about him falling off.

The one thing about Suarez is that he has a low HR rate.  Could play well in the pen.

17 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Fedde 2.4 FWAR

Suarez 1.2 FWAR

Partly because Suarez averages 5 innings per start and Fedde a hair under 6.   That’s a big difference.

Fedde has made way more starts. 

26 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Woo has been in and out of the rotation all year because of injury.  He’s a luxury if he stays healthy but the can’t count on it.

Bryce Miller is 25, throws 95.  You probably should have stopped there.

Hays is a career .750 OPS.

Stowers is a career .635 OPS currently hitting .234.

Norby is having a nice year but striking out a lot.  His position is iffy.  You have very little idea if he’ll need time to adjust or even how good he’ll be when ML pitchers find out why he’s striking out so much in AAA.

Mariners can find offense for prospects from the Marlins (Chisholm), A’s (Rooker), the Angels, Rockies, and whoever else without taking away from the current team.

Good post as usual

Edited by wildcard

Just now, interloper said:

This is going to be an excruciating 3 weeks as we watch our pitching staff violently tread water to the deadline. 

The last few years, Elias has lamented that the draft has moved close to the deadline and that most of the industry is fixated on the draft before moving to the deadline.

I would guess that nothing really substantial will occur until after the AS break.

• Upvote 1

3-team trades - if only 1 team is exchanging with both others, I'm not sure if the 2nd and 3rd parties know the totality.

The Trey Mancini deal - I think the Rays got Jose Siri for Seth Johnson, and once the Astros controlled Johnson's rights I guess it is conceivable HOU re-traded him to BAL without Tampa knowing.    It is out of their hands at that point.

• Upvote 1