The 2024 Trade Deadline

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm exaggerating a bit for fun sake but yea, this pretty much feels like the 2023 deadline again.

Elias doesn't seem to be willing to make a big bet.

I'm going to wait until 6pm to reserve judgement (probably foolishly). But if this is all that Elias does at this deadline, he is going to face a ______ storm of criticism. And IMO it's going to be justified. 

This is looking really bad.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Do you want to try and fix a guy in August? 

I think this is like 75% about next year. We just don't have any SP for next year. 

It would seem fellow lefty with control Anderson was not gettable. And Skubal and Snell are off the market. 

Just do not understand how they give up that much without targeting Scott too. Or any of their relievers. I don’t care if Rogers has an extra year of control, he has been bad this year and a high leverage reliever is much more useful and needed.

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

How many postseasons are we going to punt trying to fix guys and be the smartest guy in the room?

Didn't we just do this last year?

Please let there be more.

It's objectively a much better deadline for us this year than last. I'm surprised to see you not understand that. 

We got 3 pitchers who are all under control next season. One a very good SP with playoff experience, one a solid high-K reliever with playoff experience, and a young lefty with control and options.

In 2023 we got two rentals who were having bad years.