The 2024 Trade Deadline

53 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Definitely should be interested in Rogers.

I was onboard with him last year, but so much this year.  90 mph and a bunch of blue...  LHP and his GB% plays in OPACY but woof...  He's fine as a #4/5 type to help in season.  But no thanks for the playoffs.

1 minute ago, btdart20 said:

I was onboard with him last year, but so much this year.  90 mph and a bunch of blue...  LHP and his GB% plays in OPACY but woof...  He's fine as a #4/5 type to help in season.  But no thanks for the playoffs.

Probably would be a second starter type pick up but I’m not overly concerned with what what he has done so far this year.  His history is pretty good and something is going on in Miami with their pitching development this year. All of their statcast stuff looks bad(for starters).  Seems like a new emphasis on something is going on.

The Astros and Mariners could both be bidding against each other for Mountcastle as the Rangers are breathing down both of their necks.  The Rangers are getting healthy fast.  Jung, DeGrom, Carter, Bradford, Mahle, and Dunning, are all expected back in the coming weeks.  

We need pitching.  

Edited by sportsfan8703

5 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

This isn't my first 162 game rodeo.  But it's more than a slump.  It's reality.  Mullins has been at this level since this time last year.  Mounty, O'Hearn, and Cowser, all have pretty bad numbers since May-ish.  That's 40-50% of our lineup.  

Not sure why you're lumping O'Hearn in there. He's been consistent all year. May was his worst month with a 653 OPS. April was 926, June was 853 and July has been 835. Cowser has also been swinging the bat better this month.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The Astros and Mariners could both be bidding against each other for Mountcastle as the Rangers are breathing down both of their necks.  

Vlad perhaps, and Josh Bell 100% on the options list for those teams.

Toronto watch - Bassitt done his day.   97 pitches and 6/1 K/BB in 5 innings, 3 runs against Tampa in what might be his last Blue Jays start.

Tampa up 3-0 behind the sizzling hot Taj Bradley.    They would be a scary ALWC opponent if they hold their Eflin and overtake KCR-BOS.    One of BAL-NYY will face something like that just to get to the potential showdown with each other.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, G54377 said:

I still don't think we have a true inhouse replacement for Mountcastle. Maybe Mayo eventually, but he's been a complete butcher there so far. 

Maybe O'Hearn has earned that audition against LHP?    

Santander did some there last year - could allow Kjerstad, Cowser and Mayo to all fit LF/RF/DH.

Just now, G54377 said:

I still don't think we have a true inhouse replacement for Mountcastle. Maybe Mayo eventually, but he's been a complete butcher there so far. 

I still think we need to add a bat.   Whether that's internal or external remains to be seen.   I might get flamed for this, but I actually think Vlad would be a good fit here. 

Just now, clapdiddy said:

I still think we need to add a bat.   Whether that's internal or external remains to be seen.   I might get flamed for this, but I actually think Vlad would be a good fit here. 

I can't imagine the trade price for Vlad would make it worthwhile to get him, but I've been saying since last year a plus bat at 1B/DH or corner outfield is something this team could use.

I wouldn't mind picking a right handed bat that can play CF. While I don't think it's likely we could see a surprise trade next week for a player that isn't on the most fan's radar.

3 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

He'd be very expensive, but Eloy Jimenez or Justin Turner...assuming we covet a RH veteran and trust Cowser in CF.

Toronto game has flashed into Nice to Have a Laugher once in a while territory the instant Chris Bassitt departed.

Their 2024 run diifferential is apt to be much worse than Oakland's at the end of today.

Rogers Communications probably has to assess Mark Shapiro and Ross Atkins this winter.