Bradish TJ-Season and 2025 over

connja

1 minute ago, DirtyBird said:

I believe it has more to do with what youth teams are doing, all year long, at a young age

Sending 9 year olds to pitching farms so they can throw 85 mph can't be a sustainable thing.

• Upvote 3

Well, that Sucks…

before the start of the season, there was a thread about the rotation, and I suggested that our fifth starter was less important than our 6,7,and 8 starter.

All of whom we now need.

5 minutes ago, Malike said:

Sending 9 year olds to pitching farms so they can throw 85 mph can't be a sustainable thing.

THIS. It is NUTS what they are doing to these youngsters. And its happening in every sport. Let kids be kids and don't push them so hard.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Sure it is, you get a new batch of 9 year olds every year.

I guess it is, if you want guys who might one day be MLB pitchers to not get out of college before having their 2nd or 3rd TJS.

We have no luck with our pitchers.  We started the year with possibly one of the best staffs in the MLB.  I hope we can find some pitchers in trades, I don't think signing a Suarez type pitchers are going to cut it.  Suarez is good for 4 innings and then he tires and he is 34 years old. 

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Josh Johnson was back in 11 months.

For non-pitchers Bryce Harper was hardly out at all.

Felix had his in October, so I guess by July he should be good then, or September. Not sure why the team said he's done for the year.

I'm just thankful we had Bradish as long as we did. I knew this was coming when we heard the news back in March. Feel horrible for him, he's my favorite O's pitcher.

Elias has his work cut out for him now before the end of July. He needs at least one starter and multiple BP pieces.

Uncle Dave needs to back up the Brinks truck for Burnes this off season.

At least Columbe will be back by September.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Malike said:

Felix had his in October, so I guess by July he should be good then, or September. Not sure why the team said he's done for the year.

I was just giving an example of one that was faster.

There is a pretty fair degree of variance.

I haven't read The Arm recently but it had some good info in it.

Edited by Can_of_corn