Saturday 6/22 vs. Houston

86this

1 minute ago, C Taylor said:

I agree....June has been a great month for us, but to listen to this group you'd think we sucked.

Please don't generalize the board during a game thread. This is the reactionary part of the board. Sure, it's going to get negative when the team does not do well.

But either way, I'm pretty sure the vast majority of folks here know the Orioles are a great team hitting a good team when they're getting hot. It happens. The Orioles will be fine.

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I’m gonna get all Roy Firestone right here and declare that this game is over. 

we havent hit well in this game...only 3 hits...but the issue is...we havent pitched well in a while...even in NY only Povich limited to 1 run..and he didnt pitch well either...

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Please don't generalize the board during a game thread. This is the reactionary part of the board. Sure, it's going to get negative when the team does not do well.

But either way, I'm pretty sure the vast majority of folks here know the Orioles are a great team hitting a good team when they're getting hot. It happens. The Orioles will be fine.

What's not reactionary is that this team needs pitching. Of course, that's not the problem today. Burnes is just having a bad game. But it is a problem for the rest of the season. There's just not enough pitching after all the injuries.

Just now, Uli2001 said:

What's not reactionary is that this team needs pitching. Of course, that's not the problem today. Burnes is just having a bad game. But it is a problem for the rest of the season. There's just not enough pitching after all the injuries.

Burnes has really only made a couple of bad pitches but is probably going to pitch into the 7th. Not the worse start. If the Orioles had scored 11 runs we'd be all happy with his start. 

This team though does need pitching though. Especially in the bullpen where there are not a lot of guys that I feel totally confident in and those that we did will get used so much they'll implode like Webb and Tate did yesterday.

That short inning was exactly what we needed. Pulling it together to get into the latter innings no matter how his day has gone seems to be Burnes’ specialty, his mark as a top-of-the-rotation pitcher. 

• Upvote 1